Maraschino Cherry Milkshakes are a delicious blend of vanilla bean ice cream and maraschino cherries, served with a drizzle of chocolate.
Maraschino Cherry Milkshakes are a festive sweet treat for Valentine's Day. The cherries are wonderfully sweet and give the shakes their pretty pink color.
A drizzle of chocolate is a must. Cherries and chocolate go perfectly together... and it's Valentine's Day after all!
Milkshakes are a cinch to make - requiring just a blender, ice cream, milk, and flavorings or add-ins of your choice.
- Ice cream - Since this is the star, be sure to use high-quality ice cream. Stay away from low-calorie or ice milk varieties since these won't lend the same creamy, rich texture to the shake. Both homemade, like my Vanilla Bean ice cream, or store-bought like Tillamook and Häagen-Dazs work fine in this recipe.
- Milk - I prefer using whole milk. The higher fat content contributes to the rich, creamy consistency that we want in a milkshake.
- Maraschino cherries - These sweet bright red gems that we associate with our childhood ice cream sundaes are the perfect addition to this shake.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Add the cherries and cherry juice to the blender. Blend until the cherries are finely chopped.
- Add the ice cream and milk to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Divide half of the ice cream mixture between two glasses. Drizzle some chocolate syrup on top of the ice cream. Divide the remaining ice cream mixture into the glasses. Top with another drizzle of chocolate syrup. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
What is the best ice cream-to-milk ratio for milkshakes?
Milkshakes require a large amount of ice cream, more than you might think. And, it only takes a small amount of milk to achieve the perfect thick milkshake consistency.
It's best to start with less milk and add more if needed to achieve your desired thickness. For thicker milkshakes, use less milk. For thinner milkshakes, add more milk.
Add a special touch to Valentine's Day with these Maraschino Cherry Milkshakes!
More sweet treats to try
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Maraschino Cherry Milkshakes
- ¾ quart vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup maraschino cherry juice
- 12 maraschino cherries (plus extra for topping)
- chocolate sauce (for garnish)
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- Add the cherries and the cherry juice to a blender. Blend until the cherries are chopped.
- Add the ice cream and milk and blend until smooth. Add more milk if needed to reach desired thickness.
- Divide half of the ice cream mixture between 2 glasses. Drizzle a layer of chocolate syrup into each glass. Divide the remaining ice cream mixture between the glasses. Top with another drizzle of chocolate syrup. Top with whipped cream and cherries. Serve immediately.
- For thicker shakes, use less milk. For thinner shakes, use more milk.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment