M&M Cookie Cake is a giant M&M-studded cookie baked in a heart shaped cake pan. A sweet and festive treat for your special Valentine.
What could be more festive than a super-sized frosted heart M&M cookie! Loaded with Valentine M&M's, this is a fun twist for traditional cookie dough. These giant cookies are perfect for your loved ones on Valentine's Day!
For this recipe, I used two 8-inch heart shaped cake pans. No heart-shaped pan? No problem! Bake in a 9x13 pan. Cut into bars or decorate as a large cake. Be creative!
Cookie Cake Dough
The dough for this recipe is very similar to chocolate chip cookie dough but has cake flour which provides a soft, tender crumb. The M&M's provide festive color, and the frosting adds a decadence - perfect for a special occasion.
Instead of forming individual cookies, bake the dough in a cake pan. For Valentine's Day and a fun presentation, I chose heart-shaped pans. For decoration, pipe frosting in a lattice pattern and dot with extra M&M's. Feel free to be creative when decorating. Pipe a sweet message or frost the entire top.
These giant cookie cakes are deliciously sweet, fun and festive, and are the perfect treat for Valentine's Day.
M&M Cookie Cake
- 2 sticks butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 11.4 ounces Valentine M&M's (1 bag) plus extra for decorating
- 5 ounces dark chocolate morsels
- 18 ounces whipped frosting (1 ½ tubs of store-bought) or homemade buttercream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray two heart-shaped cake pans with baking spray with flour, such as this, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the cubed butter and the sugar. Cream the butter and sugar until well combined and smooth, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Blend until incorporated.
- Add in the cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Gently mix in the M&M's and chocolate morsels. Evenly spread one-half of the dough into each cake pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean (except for possible melted chocolate).
- Cool completely in the pans. Remove from pans and place on a wire rack to decorate. Spread or pipe the frosting and decorate with extra M&M's. Leave whole for presentation or cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.