A quick and easy treat, Magic Cookie Bars have a graham cracker crust topped with sweetened condensed milk, chocolate morsels, nuts, and coconut.
On the 7th day of Christmas, My Casual Pantry baked for me…
Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars are one of the easiest and most delicious treats to make during the holidays. They are full of chocolate, nuts, and coconut, and sweetened condensed milk gives these bars a gooeyness! These bars can even be made without using a mixing bowl. No dishes to wash, which is a definite advantage during this busy baking time of year!
The ingredients in these bars can easily be adjusted to fit your own tastes. The nuts or coconut can be omitted if you and your family are not fans of nuts or coconut. This recipe calls for a mixture of white chocolate, milk chocolate, and semi-sweet morsels. Any flavor morsel can be used – butterscotch and peanut butter are really delicious too! This recipe is a perfect way to use up partial bags of morsels – whatever combination you have will work. Create your own flavor combo.
How to Make Magic Cookie Bars
Magic Cookie Bars start with a graham cracker crust. This can be done with or without a mixing bowl. If you are not in the mood to wash a mixing bowl, start by placing the butter in the baking dish. Put the dish in the oven to melt the butter while the oven preheats. When the butter is melted, sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs over the top and stir to combine. Then press the crumb mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
If you prefer to use a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs to the bowl and mix to thoroughly combine. Pour the crumb mixture into the baking dish and press evenly in the bottom of the pan.
Next, drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker crust. Top with the coconut and nuts and finally with the chocolate morsels. Bake until lightly brown then top with festive sprinkles, if desired. Cool to set bars before cutting into squares.
Magic Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- holiday sprinkles, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, add butter to a 9x13 baking dish. Place dish in the oven to melt the butter while the oven preheats. When butter is melted, pour graham cracker crumbs over the top and stir to combine. Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Alternatively, add melted butter and graham cracker crumbs to a bowl and mix to combine. Pour the crumb mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and press evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker crust. Sprinkle the nuts, coconut, and chocolate morsels evenly over top. Press gently to ensure the toppings stick to the filling. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and add sprinkles over the top, if desired. Let cool to set before cutting into bars.
For other chocolate Christmas cookie favorites, try these recipes: