Milky Way Cookie bars are delicious, chewy treats that use up leftover Halloween candy. Everything you love about a cookie - in a bar form.
Wondering what to do with all of the leftover Halloween candy? Look no further - these Milky Way Cookie bars are quick and easy to make and are delicious. Cookie bars are a nice change from traditional cookies. And these can be made with any leftover candy bar or M&M's.
Start with basic cookie dough. For a thicker, more chewy texture, I used cake flour and both baking soda and baking powder. I also started with cold butter, cut into cubes.
Spread the dough in a baking dish. Then, nestle twelve fun-size Milky Way bars in the dough, evenly spacing them in four rows of three, visualizing the pan cut into twelve bars. Push the candy bars partially into the dough. The cookie dough will cook up and over the candy bars while they bake. After removing the pan from the oven, top with two more Milky Way bars, cut into six slices each, and add a scattering of milk chocolate chips. Let cool, slice, and enjoy.
These bars are soft and chewy and slicing the bars reveals the chocolate in caramel in the middle. A hidden surprise!
Repurpose that Halloween candy and make a pan of these today!
Milky Way Cookie Bars
- 2 sticks butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 fun-size Milky Way candy bars (or any mini candy bar)
- 2 fun-size Milky Way candy bars - for topping
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add cold butter, cut into cubes. Add sugars and mix until thoroughly combined. Add in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add in flour, cake flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until incorporated. Spread dough in a 9x12 inch baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Nestle twelve candy bars in the dough, partially pushing them into the dough. Space the candy bars evenly - visualizing the pan of bars being cut into twelve pieces. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out mostly clean.
- While the bars bake, cut the remaining candy bars into six pieces each. Remove bars from oven and top with candy bar pieces and chocolate chips. Let cool, slice and serve. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.