Pancetta Pesto Pasta with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a flavor-filled dish that can be pulled together quickly. Perfect for weeknight meals.
Summer should be filled with slower paces, less-hectic schedules, and more relaxed meals. Summer vibes call for throwing burgers, chicken, or steak on the grill, with very little clean-up. But, when the weather doesn't cooperate, I like having quick and easy go-to meals that don't require turning on the oven.
Pancetta Pesto Pasta is one of these recipes. This dish is prepared in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
Pancetta Pesto Pasta
To get started, this dish has several flavor-packed ingredients, but that doesn't mean the prep is complicated or time-consuming.
- jarred pesto
- Kalamata olives
- sun-dried tomatoes
- pine nuts
- fresh mozzarella pearls
- fresh basil
These ingredients may already fill your pantry, and most do not require additional prep. For instance, jarred pesto is a time-saver and contributes to the ease of the dish.
Serve this pasta alongside a salad or with some garlic bread. Alternatively, serve this dish cold as a pasta salad. After refrigerating, add a drizzle of oil to loosen the pesto if necessary.
- BLT Pasta Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Butternut Squash Pasta with Sage Brown Butter
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Kale
Pancetta Pesto Pasta with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound Farfalle pasta
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 6 ounces pancetta, (diced)
- 6 ounces Kalamata olives (drained)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil and drained)
- ¼ cup pine nuts (toasted + extra for garnish)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls ((small balls))
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with the pesto.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the pancetta until browned and crisp. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Drain the excess oil.
- To the skillet, add the kalamata olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the pasta, pine nuts, fresh mozzarella pearls, and pancetta. Stir to combine, allowing the mozzarella to start melting.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with additional pine nuts and fresh basil.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.