Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are chewy and delicious, full of dark chocolate and pecans and finished with a touch of sea salt.
I’m so happy September has arrived. It’s officially Fall as far as I’m concerned, and I absolutely love this season.
I love… cooler temperatures. The changing foliage. The smell of leaves. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Autumn-scented candles. The crisp morning air. Pleasantly warm afternoons. Football games. Fall Hallmark movies. The aroma of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Wearing a cozy sweatshirt. Taking a leisurely walk around the block with a coffee in hand. A house filled with fall decor. Sunday drives. Apple picking. The smell of freshly baked cookies…
Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
The aroma of these Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies is perfect for a fall afternoon. Turn on a Hallmark movie, sip an apple cider, and smell the aroma of nuts and chocolate wafting from your oven. Sounds like the perfect afternoon, right?
So, grab this recipe because there are so many incredible flavors going on in these cookies.
- dark brown sugar – adds deep molasses flavor
- vanilla extract – a full tablespoon because… well, you can never have too much vanilla!
- dark chocolate chips – my favorite. I love the slight bitterness of the dark chocolate
- semi-sweet chocolate chips – two chocolates are always better than one
- pecans – pecans and dark chocolate is such a delicious combo
- flaky sea salt – there’s nothing like adding a touch of salt to a chocolate chip cookie
This recipe does require chilling the dough. 30-60 minutes is all that’s needed. Use this time to clean-up, preheat the oven, prep the baking pans. And, sit down and enjoy a few minutes of that movie with your warm cider in hand!
Chilling the dough enhances the flavor and helps the cookies to spread less when baked. I used a four-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion the dough for these cookies. I like the large bakery-style size. Smaller cookies are equally delicious, just make sure to reduce the bake time.
If you love filling your fall kitchen with the aroma of freshly baked cookies, then you will want to try this recipe. Rich, nutty, and chocolatey with a finishing touch of salt. Undeniably delicious! Please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More cookie recipes
- Molasses Cookies and Cinnamon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Double Chip Cookies
Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips divided
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans plus extra for topping
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined and lightened in color.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips, the semi-sweet chocolate chips, and the chopped pecans. Chill the dough for 30 minutes to one hour. (Reserve the remaining 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips for the top of the cookies.)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using a large 4-tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough onto baking sheets lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges. The middle will look slightly underdone. Remove from the oven. Top each cookie with a pecan half and dark chocolate chips. Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.