Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate! Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy and loaded with chocolatey goodness in every nook and cranny.
Chocolate is packed into every bite of these cookies. Mini chocolate chips fill every nook and cranny. Chocolate chunks add nuggets of chocolatey goodness, and bittersweet chocolate chips embellish the tops. These cookies are chewy and maxed out with chocolate. Exactly what I love in a chocolate chip cookie.
I love almond and chocolate together, so I added some almond extract to the cookie dough, in addition to vanilla extract. It's a little unexpected but it adds another layer of deliciousness to these cookies. If you aren't a fan of almond extract, simply add a total of 1 ¼ teaspoons of vanilla extract. As for the sweetness, both dark and light brown sugar can be used. I prefer dark brown sugar for its deeper caramel-like flavor, and it also contributes to the chewy texture.
This dough requires time to chill, but cold dough spreads less when baked. And less spreading means thicker, chewier cookies. I often put the sheet pans of dough in the freezer for 20 minutes. The dough can also be chilled in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Bake the cookies until lightly brown around the edges and slightly underdone in the middle. The cookies will set up as they cool, but this slight underbaking helps with the chewy factor.
These cookies have chocolate in every single bite which makes them the perfect choice to cure those chocolate cravings! If you bake these cookies, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see what you're baking in your kitchen.
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Double Chip Cookies
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Toffee Shortbread Cookies
- Salted Caramel Butterscotch Chip Cookies
- Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown (or light brown) sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 ¼ cups miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- ¾ cup bittersweet chocolate morsels, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugars. Cream together until well combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Mix until just combined. Add the remaining flour and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate mini morsels and chunks.
- Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, portion the dough out onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes. Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and top each cookie with 3-4 bittersweet chocolate chips. Bake for another 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges. The middle of the cookies will look slightly underdone, but they will set up as they cool. Let cookies cool for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.