This Oreo Mint Pie is an easy, no-bake chocolate pie with all the vibes of pudding meets cookies and cream with a fresh minty twist. Perfectly festive for the holidays and easy enough for every day.
I love the combination of chocolate and mint, and this Oreo mint pie definitely delivers. It explodes with chocolate and mint deliciousness in every bite.
This pie is rich and velvety with a crunchy cookie crust. Topped with a cloud of cream and cookies, these fudge-covered mint Oreo cookies give a hint of what's inside.
For another mint Oreo confection, try these Mint Oreo Truffles.
A few store-bought ingredients add ease to this recipe. If you are making this during the holidays, things are busy enough, and an uncomplicated festive recipe is just what you need.
Preparation is easy and no-bake. The only difficult part is not digging in immediately - the pie needs to chill for at least 4 hours. But licking the bowl is totally acceptable!
- mint Oreo cookies - This pie has a cookie crust but we're using mint Oreos to bring the chocolate-mint flavor.
- instant pudding mix - pudding mix is a quick, no-fuss ingredient. There's no cooking involved - this isn't a from-scratch chocolate pudding. I used Godiva pudding mix, but any brand of instant pudding mix will work.
- mint extract - Infuses the pudding with fresh minty flavor.
- whipped topping - This short-cut ingredient is the perfect finishing touch to this pie and holds up well in the refrigerator.
- fudge-covered mint Oreo cookies - WOW! These cookies are delicious! I garnished the top of the pie with these cookies and cut them in half to showcase what is inside the pie. The chocolate coating keeps the cookies from turning soft from the whipped topping.
How to make
- For the crust, use a food processor to pulse the cookies into crumbs. Combine with melted butter and press into a pie dish. Chill for 30 minutes to allow the crust to set before adding the filling.
- For the filling, add the pudding mix, half-and-half, milk, and extract to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk together for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is smooth and thick. Fold in ⅓ of the whipped topping.
- Pour the filling into the crust and spread evenly. Chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped topping and fudge-covered Oreos. Slice the four Oreos in half and arrange in a circle in the center of the pie. Each half represents a slice of pie and makes portioning the pie easy. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve.
Cover the pie with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More mint desserts
Oreo mint pie is festive and easy to make, which makes it the perfect holiday treat. If you are looking for another mint sweet treat, try Peppermint Ice Cream Pie.
Oreo Mint Pie
- 24 mint Oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 3.7-oz packages chocolate pudding mix (such as Godiva or similar)
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping (divided)
- 4 fudge-covered mint Oreos (for garnish)
- shaved chocolate (for garnish)
- Add the Oreos to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cookies turn to crumbs. With the food processor on, slowly pour in the melted butter until well combined.
- Pour the crumbs into a 9-inch pie dish. Using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass, press the crumbs evenly in the dish and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes before filling.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine the half-and-half, milk, pudding mix, and mint extract. Whisk for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Fold ⅓ of the whipped topping into the pudding mixture. Pour the filling into the crust and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping in an even layer on the pie. Cut the fudge-covered Oreos in half and arrange in a circle in the center of the pie. Each cookie half designates a slice of pie. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.