My husband loves pistachio pudding. It’s not something I typically make, so occasionally he resorts to a bowl of instant pistachio pudding to cure his craving.
So I decided to create a dessert featuring pistachio pudding. The result – Frozen Pistachio Pie. It comes together quickly with ingredients that are probably in your pantry. Allow a couple of hours for the pie to set-up in the freezer, and dessert for tonight’s dinner will be waiting for you. Frozen desserts are refreshing – perfect for summertime meals. Add in a chocolate cookie crust… Yum!
Here are the ingredients you need to make this frozen pistachio pie.
- instant pistachio pudding
- marshmallow cream
- heavy whipping cream
- chocolate sandwich cookies
For the crust, add the chocolate sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Drizzle in melted butter and pulse to combine. Pour the cookie mixture into a pie dish and press to form a crust. Refrigerate the crust while the filling is being prepared.
For the filling, add the instant pudding and milk to a stand mixer and mix until well combined. Add in marshmallow fluff and mix to incorporate. Set aside.
Next, in a separate mixing bowl, add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until well combined. Pour into the cookie crust and freeze until firm.
Garnish with roasted pistachios. Slice and serve. Delicious!
Frozen Pistachio Pie
- 20 double-stuffed chocolate sandwich cookies
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package instant pistachio pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- roasted pistachios for garnish
- Add cookies to a food processor and pulse until cookies resemble fine crumbs. Drizzle in melted butter, pulsing until combined.
- Pour cookie crumbs into a pie dish and press to form a crust.
- Refrigerate to set.
- Add instant pudding and milk to a bowl of a standing mixer and mix until well combined. Add marshmallow cream and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add heavy cream and whip until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into pudding mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and freeze until firm. Approx. 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with roasted pistachios.