Oreo Trifle Cake – layers of pound cake, whipped topping, and crushed Oreos. With shortcut ingredients, this cake is the perfect fuss-free dessert.
We all deserve something sweet at the end of a long day, but time isn’t always on our side. Until… Easy Oreo Trifle Cake! With layers of pound cake, whipped topping, and crushed Oreos, this dessert couldn’t be any easier and is sure to be loved by the whole family.
This trifle cake can be prepared in just a few minutes – thanks to shortcut ingredients.
- store-bought pound cake: fresh or frozen
- whipped topping
- chocolate sandwich cookies, like Oreos
How to prepare
- Remove the pound cake from its pan and line the pan with plastic wrap leaving plenty of overhang.
- Slice the pound cake horizontally into thirds. If using frozen pound cake, it isn’t necessary to thaw. The frozen cake is firm but is easy to slice.
- Crush some Oreo cookies and fold them into the whipped topping.
- Place the bottom layer of cake in the pan and top with half of the whipped topping mixture.
- Top with another layer of cake and the other half of the whipped topping.
- Top with the third layer of cake and wrap with the plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 2 hours until firm or overnight. Freezing the cake makes it easy to unmold and frost.
- Remove the cake from the pan, unwrap, and place on a serving platter.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake with whipped topping. Garnish with crushed Oreos.
How to store
This cake can be stored in the refrigerator or the freezer. If storing in the freezer, thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
This Oreo trifle is perfect for all seasons. Simply customize by swapping out original Oreos for any seasonal flavor.
It’s also fun to serve up individual trifles. Cut the pound cake into cubes and layer all of the ingredients in small glasses.
More sweet recipes you may enjoy
- Mocha Ice Cream Cake
- Gingersnap Icebox Cake
- Frozen Lemonade Pie
- Heath Bar Poke Cake
- Double Mint Oreo Ice Cream
A fuss-free dessert of pound cake layered with whipped topping and crushed Oreos.
- 1 16-ounce frozen pound cake (or fresh)
- 2 8-ounce tubs frozen whipped topping thawed
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreos, plus extra for topping
Remove the cake from the tin. Line the tin with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of overhang. Slice the cake horizontally into thirds.
Crush the cookies and fold into one tub of whipped topping.
Place one layer of cake in the bottom of the tin. Top with one-half of the whipped topping mixture. Top with another layer of cake and the remaining whipped topping. Top with the final layer of cake and wrap with the plastic wrap.
Freeze for 2 hours or overnight. Unwrap the cake, invert it onto a serving platter and remove the plastic wrap.
Frost the top and sides with the remaining tub of whipped topping. Garnish the top with crushed Oreos.
To store, cover with plastic wrap and keep in either the freezer or the refrigerator. If storing in the freezer, let the cake thaw for 30 minutes before serving.
If using frozen pound cake, it is not necessary to thaw it before assembling. The frozen cake is firm but slices easily.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry using hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making.