Easter M&M Cookies - festive cookies filled with pastel-colored Easter M&M candies.
I have always loved M&M candies. Colorful and chocolatey. The perfect "grab a handful" kind of treat. I love all of the seasonal varieties too, with their fun and festive color combinations. So, what's better than jazzing up a batch of cookies with these pretty candies? These Easter M&M cookies are perfect for spring dotted with these pastel chocolate jewels.
These cookies have a delicious chewy texture which I love. I chilled this dough overnight to help achieve this chewy texture. I know chilling cookie dough is sometimes a hassle, but it really makes a difference. It helps the cookies not spread too much. And an overnight chill also enhances the flavors along with the chewiness.
This dough comes together easily. Then, scoop the dough onto sheet pans, chill overnight, and bake the next day. Add these cookies to an Easter buffet or add these to the kids' lunches for a springtime treat. These cookies are pretty and festive and delicious. The whole family will love these cookies.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
- Toffee Shortbread Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Double Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Toffee Hazelnut Spread M&M Cookies
Easter M&M Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 11.4 ounces Easter M&M candies (one bag)
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment ( a hand-held mixer can also be used), add the butter and sugars. Cream together 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla, mixing until well incorporated. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend to incorporate. Stir in the M&M candies, reserving a handful to decorate the top of cookies.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, portion the dough onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper. Top the balls of cookie dough with the reserved M&M's. Chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until lightly brown around the edges. The cookies will appear slightly underdone in the middle. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.