Chickpea Antipasto Salad is loaded with bold flavors and is easy to make. This dish is perfect as a salad or as an addition to a snack table.
Why you will love this
For another hearty antipasto salad, be sure to try Tortellini Antipasto salad.
- Olives - Kalamata olives add briny flavor and Castelvetrano olives have a meaty texture and incredible buttery flavor.
- Pepperoni - Turkey pepperoni balances the rich flavor of the salami and olives. Any variety of pepperoni can be used.
- Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil provide extra moisture. If using water-packed tomatoes, add a little extra dressing.
- Italian dressing - For ease, use your favorite store-bought dressing. Otherwise, a simple blend of oil, red wine vinegar, and oregano is also delicious.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss to combine. Garnish with basil.
Substitutions or additions
This salad can easily be customized with other antipasto ingredients, such as:
- Artichoke hearts
- Banana peppers
- Soppressata or other Italian meats
- Mozzarella balls or Romano cheese
- Marinated mushrooms
This salad can be served by itself for lunch or as a side dish. Serve with sandwiches or grilled favorites such as burgers, chicken, or steak.
You can also enjoy this salad as an appetizer. Serve with crackers or slices of baguette or add to a charcuterie platter.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days.
I love this salad because it's packed with so many of my snacking favorites. This salad will be a crowd favorite!
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Chickpea Antipasto Salad
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni (sliced thin and halved)
- 2 ounces salami (sliced thin and halved or quartered)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup Castelvetrano olives (or any green olive)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed and julienned)
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese (broken into small chunks)
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, pepperoni, salami, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Toss together.
- Add the basil, Italian dressing, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.