Chickpea Antipasto Salad is super quick and easy to make. This dish is perfect as a salad or as an addition to a snack table.
One of the best things about parties or gatherings is the snack food. I love tasting a little of this and a little bit of that. Sampling and snacking is truly one of the best ways to eat! This is why I love this Chickpea Antipasto Salad. It’s loaded with so many snack table favorites – meats, olives, cheese. And, if you need more convincing, this salad comes together in no time. No cooking required and practically no prep needed.
Chickpea Antipasto Salad
This recipe showcases many of my antipasto favorites.
- turkey pepperoni – I prefer turkey pepperoni, but any variety is fine.
- Kalamata olives
- Castelvetrano olives – these are my absolute favorite green olives, but any green olive can be added.
- sun-dried tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese – I like to add small chunks of Parmesan.
- basil – I love the freshness of the basil
- chickpeas – the chickpeas help to balance the richness of the meats, olives, and cheese.
- Italian dressing – I use our favorite store-bought dressing, but any variety is good.
This salad can easily be customized with other antipasto ingredients. Add whatever you love.
- artichoke hearts
- banana peppers
- Soppressata or other Italian meats
- cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Romano cheese
- marinated mushrooms
Assembling and Serving
To assemble the salad, add the ingredients to a mixing bowl and toss together. It is really that simple! I use sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil which adds some extra moisture to the salad. Alternatively, if using sun-dried tomatoes without oil, add some extra Italian dressing.
This salad can be served by itself for lunch or as a side dish with dinner. Add some crackers or slices of baguette to serve as a snack or appetizer.
For those who love snacking as much as I do, you will love this salad. It packs in so much flavor and I love the addition of the creamy chickpeas. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Similar recipes you may also enjoy
- Tortellini Antipasto Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Cilantro
- Farro Pea and Romano Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
- Zesty Italian Pasta Salad
Chickpea Antipasto Salad
- 15.5 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, sliced thin and halved
- 2 ounces salami, sliced thin and halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives or other green olives
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed and julienned
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, broken into small chunks
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pinches coarse sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, pepperoni, salami, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Toss together.
- Add the basil, Italian dressing, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve and refrigerate leftovers.