Tortellini Antipasto Salad: a delicious combination of pasta, cured meats, cheeses, and olives tossed in a flavorful basil pesto vinaigrette.
I love cheese boards, snack boards, antipasto platters – really anything that is made for snacking! This salad is a mash-up of pasta and everything I love about antipasto. I loaded this salad with cheese tortellini and my favorite antipasto ingredients:
- Pepperoni and salami
- Pecorino and Asiago cheeses
- Black and green olives, such as Kalamata and Castelvetrano
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Banana peppers
- Basil pesto vinaigrette
This salad is so easy to make. Since the ingredients only need to be sliced, cubed, or chopped, you can do this while the tortellini cooks.
- Slice the salami and pepperoni
- Cube the Pecornia and Asiago cheeses
- Cut the olives in half, lengthwise
- Julienne the sun-dried tomatoes
- Chop the banana peppers
- Whisk together the vinaigrette
Next, toss everything in a bowl, pour the vinaigrette over the top and stir. It’s that easy!
How to serve
There are many ways to serve antipasto salads.
- Include as part of an appetizer spread.
- Serve as a weekday lunch or light dinner.
- Eat as a side dish alongside burgers, sandwiches, or chicken.
- Serve immediately but can also be made ahead and refrigerated. If making ahead, toss with some extra vinaigrette before serving since the salad absorbs the vinaigrette as it sits.
Additionally, antipasto salads are easy to change up. Swap out any of the ingredients for things you have in your pantry. Use different meats like prosciutto or mortadella. Mozzarella and provolone cheese are great options, too. Or, add marinated mushrooms or artichoke hearts. Whatever you like or have available will work. This salad is delicious and versatile!
Other salad recipes you may enjoy
- Corn and Black Bean Salad with Avocado and Cilantro
- Black-eyed Pea Salad with Corn, Bacon, and Avocado
- Mexican Cobb Salad with Creamy Salsa Dressing
A salad of tortellini, cured meats, cheeses, and olives tossed in a basil pesto vinaigrette.
- 12 ounces frozen cheese tortellini
- 3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, halved
- 5 ounces salami or summer sausage, sliced and quartered
- 1/2 cup black olives, like Kalamata, halved
- 1/2 cup green olives, like Castelvetrano, halved
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ounces Pecorino cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces Asiago cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup mild banana peppers, chopped
- Bibb lettuce leaves, for garnish
- fresh basil, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed or olive oil
Cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the pesto, vinegar, and oil. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the salad ingredients. Pour the pesto vinaigrette over the top and gently fold to coat all of the ingredients with the dressing. Serve immediately. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.