Pepper and Potato Hash combines frozen hash brown potatoes with green peppers, poblano peppers, green chiles, and onions. Topped with shredded cheese, this makes a delicious side dish for any weeknight.
You will love this
Are you looking for a way to change up the normal potato dinnertime routine? Do you get tired of baked or roasted potatoes? Are you looking for an easy alternative to mashed potatoes? Yes? Then this is the perfect side dish. Pepper and Potato Hash is an easy, one-skillet dish. Frozen hash brown potatoes simplify the prep work. And this recipe is made in one skillet, so it simplifies the clean-up. Perfect for a weeknight meal.
These potatoes are loaded with three kinds of peppers - green pepper, poblano, and green chiles, along with onions. Topped with Pepperjack cheese, this dish is cheesy and delicious. These potatoes pair perfectly with chicken, beef, or pork. And, these potatoes can also be served with breakfast. Top with an egg for a delicious brunch hash! YUM!
How to make
Start by sauteing onion, green pepper, poblano pepper, and green chiles in a cast iron skillet. Stir in cubed hash brown potatoes and transfer the skillet to the oven. I like using a cast iron skillet because the potatoes get crispy around the edges. Before serving, add shredded cheese to the top of the potatoes and put back in the oven to melt the cheese.
This side dish is quick, easy and loaded with flavor. Simplify your dinnertime routine and add this side dish to your meal rotation.
Pepper and Potato Hash
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 ½ ounces green chiles
- ½ large onion, diced
- 32 ounces frozen diced hash browns
- 8 ounces Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- To a cast iron skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in diced bell pepper, poblano, and onion. Cook until the veggies are slightly softened. Add the green chiles and potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, stirring half-way through. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.