Roasted Maple Glazed Carrots are sweet and caramelized and pair well with beef, chicken, Easter ham, or St. Patrick's Day corned beef.
Why you will love this
Easy - Just a little prep and a quick toss in a delicious glaze and these carrots are ready for the oven. After a short 20-minute roast time, the carrots will be perfectly tender.
Packed with flavor - Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the carrots and creates a caramelized exterior. Toss the carrots in a glaze of maple syrup for extra sweetness and ginger for a touch of warm spice.
Versatile side dish - Roasted maple glazed carrots are a delicious side dish that pair well with so many things... beef, chicken, pork, Easter ham, or St. Patrick's Day corned beef.
For more vegetable favorites, be sure to try Roasted Honey Thyme Carrots and Lemon Pepper Green Beans.
Maple ginger glaze
These carrots are tossed in a simple glaze of maple syrup, ground ginger, and oil. The syrup enhances the sweetness of the carrots and the ginger provides a warm spicy note. Cinnamon or cardamon could also be used.
How to prepare
These carrots don't require much prep - just peel and cut the larger ones in half lengthwise. I like roasting the carrots whole because it creates a beautiful presentation. Then, toss in the glaze, spread them on a parchment-lined sheet pan, and roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
Using Leftover veggies
There's nothing better than leftover roasted vegetables. There are so many ways to use up these beauties.
- Add to frittatas or omelets
- Add to rice bowls
- Use in soups or blend with broth to create a thicker soup base
- Make a roasted veggie wrap or taco
Add these carrots to your spring menu and make extra to have leftovers for some of these ideas!
Half sheet pan | Parchment paper | Mixing bowl | Measuring spoons
Other vegetable recipes
- Grilled Vegetables with Orzo and Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Broccolini with Pistachios and Lemon
- Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Roasted Green Beans with Orange Butter and Crispy Pancetta
- Roasted Radishes and Green Beans with Blue Cheese Butter
Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons grapeseed oil (or similar)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together ginger, syrup, and oil. Set aside.
- Peel carrots. For larger carrots, cut them in half, lengthwise. Add the carrots to the bowl and toss to coat with syrup mixture.
- Spread the carrots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in April 2019 and has been updated.
Leave a Comment