Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart - a creamy peanut butter filling paired with a chocolate wafer crust. This no-bake dessert looks fancy but couldn't be easier to make!
I love chocolate and peanut butter together, and this tart is delicious. But, I'm most excited to share this recipe with you because it is SO EASY. It's no-bake - the hardest part is waiting for the tart to chill.
I like using a tart pan because it gives the tart a fancy look. I love dishes that look a lot more involved than they really are. It's impressive enough for guests and simple enough for a weeknight dessert.
Most of these ingredients are likely things you have in your pantry.
- chocolate wafer cookies
- cream cheese
- peanut butter
- powdered sugar
- whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
- vanilla extract
- chocolate syrup and peanut butter cups for garnish
Tips for preparing
- I opted not to add sugar to the cookie crumb crust - this prevents the tart from being too sweet.
- When forming the crust, use the bottom of a measuring cup to press the cookie crumbs firmly into the bottom and against the sides of the pan. The curve of the measuring cup matches the curve of the pan and makes easy work of forming the crust.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Softened cream cheese will blend better with the other ingredients, resulting in a creamy mixture.
- When adding the whipped topping, start by adding about ⅓ to the peanut butter mixture. This will lighten up the peanut butter mixture so it will combine evenly and smoothly with the remainder of the whipped topping. This helps create a smooth and creamy filling.
Everybody needs a little bit of chocolate and peanut butter in their life. This tart is so easy to make which makes it perfect for busy weeknights, but it is also special enough for parties or special gatherings.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Peanut Butter Frosting
- Best Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
- 9 ounces chocolate wafer cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces whipped topping ((Cool Whip))
- chocolate syrup (for garnish)
- peanut butter cups (for garnish)
- Add the chocolate wafer cookies to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cookies have turned into crumbs.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the melted butter and process until well combined.
- Pour the crumbs into the tart pan. Using the bottom of a measuring cup, press the crumbs firmly into the pan and up the sides. Chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, add the softened cream cheese and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together until smooth and well combined. Add the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla extract and mix until light and creamy, approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Add ⅓ of the whipped topping and mix thoroughly to lighten up the peanut butter mixture. Gently fold in the remaining whipped topping until combined.
- Spoon the filling into the crust and spread evenly. Chill the tart for 4 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with chocolate syrup and chopped peanut butter cups. Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment