It couldn't be easier to enjoy this classic dressing at home. Full of bright herby flavor, green goddess dressing is delicious on cobb salad or as a dip for veggies.
If you frequent Panera Bread for a casual meal from time to time, you are probably familiar with their Green Goddess dressing. It's light and bright and full of fresh herby flavor. With this copycat recipe, you can enjoy it at home anytime.
Why you will love this
This dressing couldn't be any easier to whip up. All you need is a few pantry staples and plenty of fresh basil. Simply add the ingredients to a mini food processor and blend away! It's that simple.
I love keeping homemade salad dressing on hand. It tastes so fresh - free from preservatives and ingredients that can't easily be pronounced.
With this dressing in your refrigerator, it will become your go-to condiment for dressing a salad or dipping veggies, chips, and more.
Serve on my Panera Green Goddess Cobb Salad. Great for lunch or add chicken for a substantial dinner salad.
- Basil - Loads of fresh basil provide wonderful herb flavor and bright color to the dressing. Other green herbs like parsley, chives, or tarragon can also be used.
- Sour cream - I prefer sour cream in this dressing. Greek yogurt can be substituted if preferred.
- Pesto - For ease and convenience, we're using jarred pesto here. If you have homemade pesto on hand, go ahead and add it.
- Shallot - Provides a subtle, mild onion flavor without being overpowering.
- White wine vinegar - I used a Pinot Grigio variety, but any white wine vinegar is fine. Apple cider vinegar can also be used.
- Agave - If you don't have agave in your pantry, honey can be substituted.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor (or blender).
- Blend until well combined.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This dressing will take any green salad to the next level, but it's much more than just a dressing. The bright flavor and color is a wonderful accompaniment to so many dishes.
- Use as a dip for a fresh vegetable (crudite) platter.
- Spoon over grilled chicken, steak, or fish.
- Use as a dipping sauce for french fries or drizzle over roasted potatoes.
- Dunk pretzels or potato chips in it.
No matter how you use this dressing, you will definitely want to keep a jar of it stashed in your fridge.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Panera Green Goddess Dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ounce fresh basil leaves (approx. 1 ⅓ cups)
- ½ medium shallot (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto (fresh or jarred)
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave (or honey)
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor (or blender). Process until well blended.
- Taste and adjust the salt and pepper if necessary.
- Store in an airtight container or a glass jar for up to 5 days.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.