This Roasted Cauliflower in Coconut Curry Sauce is a delicious way to enjoy your vegetables. The cauliflower is tender and the coconut curry sauce has a touch of sweetness.
I wasn’t very fond of cauliflower when I was growing up. As I got older, I started liking raw cauliflower – covered in plenty of veggie dip, of course! But, I have since gotten totally hooked on roasted cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower in a coconut curry sauce is my absolute favorite these days. I can literally eat a whole head of cauliflower in one sitting when I make it this way!
This recipe only has four main ingredients and it comes together quickly. While the cauliflower roasts in the oven, I prepare the coconut curry sauce. I simmer coconut milk seasoned with curry powder until slightly thickened. The curry powder I use is primarily a mix of coriander, parsley, and turmeric, and you can find it here. But feel free to use your favorite curry powder.
When the cauliflower is roasted to perfection, toss it in the curry sauce. I like adding some honey to the sauce before serving. The sweetness from the honey balances nicely with the curry powder.
Then I serve…….and likely eat the whole pan of coconut curry cauliflower! Well, it is a vegetable after all….no guilt!!
Roasted Cauliflower in Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- oil, for drizzling over cauliflower
- salt and pepper, for seasoning cauliflower
- 7 ounces coconut milk (approx. 1/2 of 13.6 oz can)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Break the cauliflower into medium florets. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly caramelized and tender.
- While cauliflower roasts, add coconut milk and curry powder to a skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer gently until slightly thickened. Stir in honey. Stir in roasted cauliflower. Serve.