This Roasted Cauliflower in Coconut Curry Sauce is a delicious way to enjoy your vegetables. The cauliflower is tender and the coconut curry sauce has a touch of sweetness.
I wasn't very fond of cauliflower when I was growing up. As I got older, I started liking raw cauliflower - covered in plenty of veggie dip, of course! But, I have since gotten totally hooked on roasted cauliflower. Roasted cauliflower in a coconut curry sauce is my absolute favorite these days. I can literally eat a whole head of cauliflower in one sitting when I make it this way!
This recipe only has four main ingredients and it comes together quickly. While the cauliflower roasts in the oven, I prepare the coconut curry sauce. I simmer coconut milk seasoned with curry powder until slightly thickened. The curry powder I use is primarily a mix of coriander, parsley, and turmeric. Curry powders come in many varieties, so use a blend you like.
When the cauliflower is roasted to perfection, toss it in the curry sauce. I like adding some honey to the sauce before serving. The sweetness from the honey balances nicely with the curry powder.
Then I serve.......and likely eat the whole pan of coconut curry cauliflower! Well, it is a vegetable after all....no guilt!!
Roasted Cauliflower in Coconut Curry Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower
- oil, for drizzling over cauliflower
- salt and pepper, for seasoning cauliflower
- 7 ounces coconut milk (approx. ½ of 13.6 oz can)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Break the cauliflower into medium florets. Toss with oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a sheet pan and roast for 20-25 minutes until slightly caramelized and tender.
- While cauliflower roasts, add coconut milk and curry powder to a skillet over medium-low heat. Simmer gently until slightly thickened. Stir in honey. Stir in roasted cauliflower. Serve.