White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies are chewy and full of warm, seasonal spices. Loaded with white chocolate, the smell of molasses, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger will warm your kitchen and your stomach!
My family loves gingerbread cookies. We will take them in any shape or form - frosted or unfrosted. But, chewy gingerbread is our favorite. These gingerbread cookies are chewy and full of molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. These cookies also have a double dose of white chocolate - chopped white chocolate on the inside and a coating of white chocolate on the outside. These White Chocolate Gingerbread cookies are sweet, warm, and spicy. Just perfect alongside a glass of milk or dipped in coffee.
Baking gingerbread fills the house with a delicious holiday aroma. These cookies smell so good when they bake, you will want to eat them warm, straight out of the oven. But if you are patient, these cookies are even more delicious dipped in melted white chocolate. So, bake up a batch today, grab a glass of milk - or a cup of coffee - and enjoy these delicious White Chocolate Gingerbread cookies!
White Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
- ½ cup butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup shortening, butter flavored
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces white chocolate bar, chopped
- 8 ounces white candy melts, for dipping
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, shortening, and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and molasses. Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until incorporated. Stir in the chopped white chocolate. Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Using a tablespoon-sized cookie scoop, portion the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently flatten each ball of dough. Bake for 11 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
- Melt the candy melts according to package directions. Dip each cookie in the white chocolate, covering half of the cookie. Place covered cookie on a parchment-lined baking sheet to set. Store in an airtight container.