Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip is a creamy, cheesy dip filled with lots of favorite pizza toppings. Serve with warm breadsticks for the ultimate game-day snack.
It's only the middle of July but that hasn't stopped my family from getting fired up for football season. Our upcoming road trip vacation includes a visit to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and a tour of the Carolina Panther stadium. So this is definitely contributing to the football hype around here.
With football season comes the all-important game day snacks. Let's face it. The snacks are just as important as the game. (Well, maybe I like the food a little more than the game...) This Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip is the perfect addition to any game day snack line-up. Three kinds of cheese are combined with all of my favorite pizza toppings and baked until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. I like serving this with warm breadsticks for the ultimate snack.
Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
Pizza dip starts with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Then, I add in lots of favorite pizza toppings: pepperoni, green pepper, red onion, black olives, and sauteed mushrooms. I use pizza sauce in this dip, but I add it to the top during the last few minutes of baking, along with extra cheese and pepperoni.
To serve, I love freshly baked breadsticks with this dip. Crackers, tortilla chips, or crostini are great dippers too! If there are leftovers - which isn't likely - the dip can be used as a filling for grilled cheese. Sounds crazy right? Trust me - it's delicious!
While this dip is an ultimate game-day snack food, it's really perfect anytime. Everyone loves pizza and this recipe will not disappoint! I hope you try this now!
- Hot Corn Dip
- Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Favorite Taco Dip
- Chocolate Chip Mascarpone Dip
Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
- 1 cup mushrooms (baby Bella, Shitake or mixture, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (plus extra for topping)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus extra for topping)
- ½ cup pepperoni, turkey or regular (mini size plus extra for topping)
- ½ cup black olives (sliced)
- ½ cup green pepper (diced)
- ¼ cup red onion (diced)
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter and add the mushrooms. Saute until golden brown. Let cool and chop. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine. Add in the pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, green pepper, and red onion. Stir to incorporate.
- Spread the cheese mixture into a small casserole. Bake for 25 minutes until bubbly around the edges and hot throughout. Spread the pizza sauce over the top and add the extra cheese and pepperoni. Bake for another 5 minutes.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.