S’mores Tart has a decadent chocolate and marshmallow filling in a graham cracker crust. Garnished with toasted marshmallows and more chocolate, this tart is everything I love about S’mores.
Today is August 1st. It seems like the summer is going by so fast, just like it does every year. Even though I love fall and look forward to the change of seasons, summer has a relaxed, carefree style about it, and it’s always sad to see it end.
So, in the spirit of enjoying the final weeks of summer, I’m offering up a S’mores Tart. This tart is everything we love about S’mores in tart form – a decadent chocolate filling studded with mini marshmallows served in a graham cracker crust. This dessert is easy to make but does require time to chill. The crust is no-bake which is perfect for summer. This tart is ideal for casual family dinners but fancy enough for special occasions.
Tips for making S’mores Tart
- Make a graham cracker crust using honey or chocolate graham crackers or a combination of both. I used half honey and half chocolate in my crust.
- Use brown sugar in the crust to add a hint of caramel flavor which pairs nicely with toasty marshmallows and chocolate.
- Spread some melted chocolate in the bottom of the crust to act as glue for the marshmallows. This keeps the marshmallows in place so they don’t rise to the surface of the filling.
- The filling comes together easily in a blender. The egg needs to be room temperature and the coffee piping hot in order for the mixture to blend completely and smoothly.
- Chill the tart for 8 hours or overnight to allow the chocolate mixture to set.
- Garnish the tart with toasted marshmallows, chocolate, and graham cracker crumbs.
- Use a tart pan, like this one, for a dressed-up presentation. A pie dish can also be used.
This chocolate filling is great as a base for other desserts. Fill a pie shell with the chocolate filling, chill, and then top with whipped cream for a delicious chocolate pie.
Anyone who loves S’mores – or chocolate for that matter – will love this pie. You will want this on your table before the summer is over! Thank you for trying this recipe. Please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
Other chocolate recipes you may also enjoy
- S’more Quesadilla
- Mocha Ice Cream Cake
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Salted Peanut Butter Frosting
- Salted Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Malt Ball Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
A decadent chocolate filling studded with marshmallows served in a graham cracker crust.
- 10 sheets graham crackers honey, chocolate, or combination
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate melted
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 8 ounces hot coffee freshly brewed
In the bowl of a food processor, add the graham cracker sheets and sugar. Pulse until the crackers resemble fine crumbs. While the food processor is running, drizzle in the butter and process until combined.
Pour the mixture into a tart pan and spread evenly over the bottom and up the sides. Using a metal measuring cup, press the crumbs into an even and packed layer. Chill the crust for 1 hour.
Melt 2 ounces of dark or semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Spread the melted chocolate over the bottom of the crust. Sprinkle with the mini marshmallows. Chill for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, egg, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender. Pulse the mixture to start breaking up the chocolate. While the blender is running, slowly pour in the hot coffee, which will melt the chocolate and cook the egg. Process until the mixture is completely smooth. Pour into the tart shell and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
Garnish with toasted marshmallows, chocolate, and graham cracker crumbs.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for 3-4 days.