Queso. Aaah… melted cheese! What’s not to love! I love cheese of all kinds, in any shape or form. But there is something so comforting and satisfying about melted cheese, and this melted cheese dip is delicious. Queso is typically served with tortilla chips, but other great options are bread cubes, fresh vegetables, even roasted chicken.
What you will need: half-and-half, Velveeta, pepper jack cheese, green chilis, chili powder, cumin, and roasted poblanos for garnish.
Start by warming the half-and-half over medium-low heat in a cast-iron skillet or a non-stick saucepan. Add the Velveeta and stir until melted. Add in the pepper jack cheese, stirring until melted. Next, add in the green chilis, chili powder, and cumin. Stir to combine.
The queso can be served from the cast iron skillet or it can be transferred to a fondue pot. Garnish with the roasted poblanos and dig in. Scrumptious!
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 roasted poblano, roasted, seeded, and diced
- In a cast iron skillet or non-stick saucepan, warm half-and-half over medium-low heat.
- Add cubed Velveeta and stir until melted. Then add in shredded pepper jack cheese and stir until melted.
- When cheese is fully melted, stir in green chilis, chili powder, and cumin. Serve in cast iron skillet or transfer to a fondue pot. Garnish with roasted poblanos.