Pumpkin Spice ice cream tastes like pumpkin pie in a bowl - a creamy and delicious ice cream with flavors of the season. Perfect paired with pumpkin or apple pie.
Every Thanksgiving dessert table needs pies. And every slice of pie needs ice cream! Pumpkin Spice Ice cream! It's a Thanksgiving must-have!
This ice cream tastes like pumpkin pie in a bowl. The custard base is infused with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. Creamy and delicious!
Pumpkin Spice ice cream starts with the custard base that I use for all of my ice cream recipes: heavy cream, half-and-half, sugar, and egg yolks. Then, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice are added, along with vanilla extract.
After making the custard and chilling, churn the cream mixture in an ice cream machine. This is the machine that I use and love. This ice cream is the perfect Thanksgiving accompaniment for pumpkin pie or apple pie and is also simply perfect by itself.
I hope you try this on your Thanksgiving dessert table this year! Cinnamon Ice Cream is also a delicious pairing with Thanksgiving favorites like apple pie and pumpkin pie.
Other ice cream recipes you may enjoy
- Triple Mint Ice Cream
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Toffee Coffee Ice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Chocolate Malt Ball Ice Cream
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan placed over medium heat, add the half-and-half and 1 ½ cups of the heavy cream. Add sugar and whisk until dissolved. Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, whisking until incorporated.
- While the cream mixture heats, add 2 egg yolks to the remaining ½ cup of heavy cream, whisking to combine. When the cream is hot, slowly ladle some of the hot cream into the cream and egg yolks, whisking continuously. This tempers the eggs.
- Then slowly pour the egg yolk mixture into the hot cream mixture, while whisking. Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, being careful not to boil the cream mixture.
- Strain the mixture into a heat-proof bowl. Stir in vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic wrap directly on top of the cream mixture. Refrigerate until completely chilled