Poblano and Roasted Corn Salsa is a blend of crisp corn, peppers, and onion tossed with cilantro, lime juice, vinegar, and a touch of honey. Deliciously bold and bright flavors.
Chips and salsa are so classic. After all, who doesn't hover near the chip bowl at a party? I know I do. And if you do, then your secret is safe with me!
Salsas are loaded with bright and fresh flavors and this one does not disappoint. Mild poblanos and slightly spicy jalapenos combine with sweet corn for the most delicious combination. If you like things spicier, you can add another jalapeno or leave the seeds intact.
Red onion provides a little bite, the lime juice tartness, and the honey a touch of sweetness. Cilantro is a must in salsa. I love the freshness it provides. I pan-roasted half of the corn until slightly caramelized. This adds another layer of flavor and texture. When fresh corn is in season, it can certainly be used in place of the frozen.
Salsa recipes are very flexible. Add more of the ingredients you love, less of others. Use an extra lime for more tartness or omit the cilantro if you are not a fan.
Poblano and Roasted Corn Salsa is perfect served with a bowl of tortilla chips. This salsa is also great served over grilled chicken or fish. This salsa is loaded with so much crisp, bright flavor that it is sure to become a favorite of yours too! If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Favorite Taco Dip
- Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
- Roasted Garlic and Chive Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
Poblano and Roasted Corn Salsa
- 14.4 ounces frozen corn, divided
- 1 ½ poblano peppers, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced with seeds and membranes removed
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ limes, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- In a skillet over medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil and saute half of the corn until slightly brown and caramelized. Add to a mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add the remaining corn, the diced poblano, jalapeno, red onion, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Add the lime zest and juice, honey, and cider vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.