If you love the flavors of Caprese, you will love this pizza. It's a favorite of ours. The basil comes to the party dressed up as pesto, which is spread over the dough. Fresh tomatoes and mozzarella are layered on top. A quick, easy, and delicious summer meal.
Pesto and Tomato Pizza
- pizza dough for 1 pizza
- 4 ounces basil pesto
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thin
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Shape dough into a rectangle on a sheet pan that has been brushed lightly with olive oil.
- Spread an even layer of pesto on the dough. Top with tomato slices and mozzarella slices.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Slice an enjoy!