Peppermint Fudge is a delicious treat that is so easy to make and requires only two main ingredients. The perfect no-fuss recipe for your holiday baking.
Fudge is a classic holiday treat and this peppermint version is perfectly festive. With only two main ingredients, this recipe couldn't be easier. It's no-fuss - simply melt, pour, spread, cool, and enjoy!
What ingredients do I need to make fudge?
You only need two ingredients to make this fudge - and these items are likely already in your pantry.
- chocolate chips - I used semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, but if you prefer dark or milk chocolate, that's fine too.
- sweetened condensed milk - this ingredient is magical and can be used to create so many wonderful treats. I always try to keep a can or two on hand. Make sure to use sweetened condensed milk - not evaporated milk.
With these two ingredients, the fudge can be customized to your liking. For this version, I added a touch of vanilla and peppermint extract and crushed candy canes on top.
How do I make the fudge?
- prepare the pan - always line the pan (I used 8x8 for this recipe) with parchment paper or foil. Once the fudge has set, you can simply lift it out of the pan to slice.
- use a double boiler - add the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk to a double boiler and heat slowly, stirring until completely melted and smooth. If you don't have a double boiler, place a heat-proof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water (the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl).
- keep the heat low - melting this mixture slowly is key. If the heat is too high, the sweetened condensed milk can get 'funky' and the fudge will have a grainy texture. Yes, I'm speaking from experience!
- stir in flavorings at the end - once the mixture is melted, remove from heat and stir in the extract(s) before pouring into the pan.
- make a double batch - one batch to enjoy, the other to give. This fudge makes the perfect homemade gift during the holidays.
When things get hectic during the holidays, pull out this easy recipe and enjoy a decadent treat. You deserve it!
- Salted Chocolate Butterscotch Fudge
- Chocolate Caramel Saltine Toffee
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- crushed candy canes (for topping)
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper or foil. Spray with baking spray and set aside.
- To a double boiler set over low heat, add the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted and completely smooth and combined. (A heavy-bottomed pan can also be used. Keep the heat low and stir constantly until melted).
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top. Let cool completely at room temperature or refrigerate until firm. Remove from pan and cut into 36 1-inch squares. Store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.