Muffuletta Pasta Salad is loaded with flavors of a Muffuletta sandwich. Serve this salad as a meal by itself or alongside grilled chicken or burgers. Perfect for picnics, potlucks, or lunches during the week.
Have you ever had a Muffuletta sandwich? It's an Italian-inspired sandwich popular in New Orleans. It's typically made on a round loaf of bread which is also called "muffuletta". The bread is layered with an olive spread and various meats and cheeses.
This salad combines pasta with all of my favorite muffuletta flavors. It's hearty enough to be a meal by itself. I also love serving this alongside grilled chicken or burgers like these spinach feta chicken burgers. Pasta salads are always ideal for picnics and potlucks, too.
This salad does involve a bit of slicing and dicing, but none of the steps are difficult. Start the pasta cooking and get chopping!
It's as simple as combining everything in a bowl, add the dressing, and toss! I like to sample the ingredients as I go - taste testing is the best part!
Feel free to customize these ingredients based on personal preference.
- Green olives - I like using Castelvetrano olives. They are buttery and delicious!
- Mortadella and provolone are traditional in muffuletta and are also great options.
- Giardiniera (marinated vegetables) is a delicious addition too.
- Pasta - I'm using fusilli in this salad, but you can add your favorite pasta shape. Rotini, orecchiette, or farfalle are also fun options.
This is a simple vinaigrette. Simply add the ingredients to a mason jar and shake to combine.
- red wine vinegar
- grapeseed or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- This salad is wonderful to make ahead of time. The ingredients will marinate in the dressing and all of the flavors will blend.
- I add only a small amount of salt because the salami and the olives have plenty of salt already.
- This salad keeps well, so it's perfect for meal prepping on the weekend and enjoying throughout the week.
- Save the extra dressing to add to the salad after it has been refrigerated.
- Don't skip the parsley. It adds a nice freshness to the salad.
More pasta salad recipes to try
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Summer Pasta Salad
- BLT Pasta Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Tortellini Antipasto Salad
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Muffuletta Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces fusilli pasta (or your favorite shape)
- 8 ounces ham (cubed)
- 8 ounces salami (cubed)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (cubed)
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese (cubed)
- 4 ounces green olives (like Castelvetrano, halved)
- 4 ounces black olives (halved)
- 4 ounces pepperoncini (sliced)
- 4 ounces pimientos (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- ½ cup parsley (chopped)
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup Grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water (use 2 teaspoons salt per pound of pasta) to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cube the salami, ham, cheddar, and swiss cheese. Halve the olives. Slice the pepperoncini and chop the pimientos, celery, and parsley.
- Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining salad ingredients.
- In a mason jar, combine the red wine vinegar, oil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Shake well. Add half of the dressing to the salad ingredients. Toss to coat. Add more dressing if needed. Save remaining dressing to add to the salad after refrigerating.
- Store in an airtight container. Salad will keep well for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Use salt sparingly. The olives, ham, and salami are fairly salty so taste before adjusting seasonings.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.