Loaded Egg Salad with Bacon – a creamy salad of hard-boiled eggs combined with bacon, cheese, red pepper, and scallions. An easy go-to for sandwiches or snacks.
Egg salad is a perfect make-ahead meal for lunches during the week. It is so easy to prepare and there are so many ways to serve. I love egg salad sandwiches for lunch. But, I equally love egg salad for breakfast – toasted on top of a piece of sourdough or English muffin. A fun way to have eggs for breakfast.
Ways to serve
- in a sandwich – choose your favorite bread. I love egg salad on wheat or rye. I also love the crunch of potato chips with egg salad!
- as a low-carb option – add a scoop of egg salad to a bed of greens
- in a hollowed-out tomato or bell pepper
- serve a scoop of egg salad with crackers for a snack
- as breakfast – top a piece of sourdough bread or English muffin with egg salad and toast until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy loaded egg salad.
I really love egg salad loaded with lots of my favorites like cheese, bacon, and scallions.
- hard-boiled eggs
- cheddar cheese
- red pepper or pimiento
- pickled jalapenos and juice
- yellow mustard
Making egg salad
Egg salad is so easy to make, which makes it a great go-to lunch option during the week. Start by chopping hard-boiled eggs as chunky or as fine as you wish. I prefer my egg salad on the chunky side, but you can chop the eggs to whatever consistency you prefer.
Then add the creamy dressing, which is a simple mix of mayonnaise and mustard with a little bit of pickle juice. Then, fold in the other ingredients: bacon, scallion, cheese, red pepper, and pickled jalapenos. This salad will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
If you have lots of hard-boiled eggs leftover from Easter egg coloring, set aside some of them for Southern Deviled Eggs, and use the rest to make this delicious loaded egg salad. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry.
More lunch recipes
- Triple Decker Turkey Club Sandwich
- Chicken Salad Croissant Sandwich
- Tortilla Roll Ups with Corned Beef, Green Olives, and Scallions
Egg salad filled with bacon, cheese, scallions, red peppers, and pickled jalapenos. An easy go-to lunch.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice (from pickled jalapenos)
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1/4 diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos chopped
- 1/3` cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
Add eggs to a saucepan. Cover with water. Add enough water to cover the eggs by one inch. Add the white vinegar and salt.
Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Tap the flattened end of the eggs to crack. Peel the egg while either submerged in the ice water or holding under running water.
Chop the eggs and add them to a mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, and pickle juice. Stir to incorporate.
Add the bacon, scallions, red pepper, jalapenos, and cheese. Fold to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.