Kielbasa with Gnocchi is a quick, easy, one-skillet dinner. Savory polish sausage and pillowy gnocchi are sauteed with onions for a comforting all-in-one dish.
Why you will love this
This one-skillet dinner checks all the boxes: very little prep work, quick-cooking, easy clean-up, and most importantly - it's delicious. Polish sausage is often served with pierogies, but this dish is made with gnocchi. I like serving this dish with a side of sour cream and dijon mustard.
How to make
Prep is easy. Slice the kielbasa and the onion. Saute the kielbasa until browned. Remove. Then saute the onions and the gnocchi until onion is soft and gnocchi is lightly brown. Add kielbasa back in, toss together and serve.
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for busy weeknights but is also hearty enough for snowy weekend comfort food. I'm excited for you to try this recipe.
- Skillet Sausage and Shells
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Kale
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Sage Brown Butter
Kielbasa with Gnocchi
- 14 ounces kielbasa
- 16 ounces gnocchi (fresh or pre-packaged)
- 1 large onion (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream (for serving)
- Dijon mustard (for serving)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Slice the kielbasa into one-inch pieces. Add to the skillet and cook until brown on both sides, 3-5 minutes. Remove from the skillet.
- Melt butter in the skillet and add the sliced onions, stirring to coat in butter. Saute for two minutes and add in gnocchi. Season to taste with pepper. Continue to cook until onions have softened and gnocchi has started to brown. Add kielbasa back to the pan. Heat through. Serve with sour cream and dijon mustard on the side.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.