Hot Corn Dip is a delicious blend of grilled sweet corn and creamy, cheesy perfection. Grab a bag of Fritos and dig in!
There's nothing better in the summer than sweet corn at its peak of freshness... except when adding in smoky grilled flavor and plenty of cheese to create the ultimate snack dip.
This corn dip is the perfect trifecta of flavor - sweet, smoky, and mildly spicy. Serve warm right from the oven with your favorite dippers - I love Frito scoops - and dig into all of its melted cheesy deliciousness.
- Corn - I love using sweet corn when in season, but canned or frozen corn works just fine. This recipe calls for 5 ears of corn which is equivalent to roughly 2 cups corn kernels.
- Pepper Jack, Colby, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar are all great options. Use cheese that melts well.
- Canned green chiles add mild chili flavor. For more spice, add diced jalapeños.
- Cumin and smoked paprika add warm, smoky flavor.
Please see the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Grill the corn to char it on all sides. (Image 1) You can use an indoor grill pan, outdoor grill, or a cast-iron skillet for this.
- Lay the corn flat on a cutting board. Cut off one side of corn lengthwise. Roll the cob onto the flat side and cut again. Keep rolling and cutting until all of the corn has been cut off. (Image 2)
For frozen (thawed) or canned corn, drain well. Cook in a hot skillet to get some char on the corn kernels, if desired, before adding to the cheese mixture.
- Add all of the ingredients - except the corn - to a mixing bowl. Blend together until smooth. (Image 3 and 4)
- Add the corn and fold together. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish. (Image 5 and 6)
- Bake until warm throughout and bubbling around the edges.
- Char the corn for added flavor. This is optional but it only takes a few extra minutes.
- Use freshly shredded cheese for the best melting quality.
- Use room-temperature cream cheese. This makes it much easier to blend it with the other ingredients.
Serve with your favorite dippers such as Fritos, tortilla chips, veggie sticks, pretzels, crackers or crostini.
This dip will keep for 3-4 days and it reheats well in the microwave.
More sweet corn recipes
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Hot Corn Dip
- 5 ears sweet corn (husks removed, or 2 cups corn kernels)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Pepper jack cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 4.5 ounces green chiles (canned, drained)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grill sweet corn for 10-12 minutes until tender and charred. (Note 1) Remove and let sit until cool enough to handle. Cut the kernels off of the cob. (Note 2) Set aside
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, green chiles, and seasonings a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined. Add the corn and fold into the cheese mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a small baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with Fritos or your favorite dippers.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
- If using frozen (thawed) or canned corn, drain well. If desired, cook the corn in a skillet with a touch of butter to char the kernels before adding to the dip.
- To cut the kernels off of the cobs, lay the cob flat on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels off one side lengthwise. Roll the cob onto the cut - now flat - side. Cut and roll until the kernels have been cut off of all sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been updated.