Horseradish Roast Beef Sliders are cheesy and warm and are filled with layers of deliciousness. Bake up a batch of these sliders and watch them quickly disappear.
Why you will love these
I love sliders - especially in casserole form - like these Ham and Swiss Sliders, Cheeseburger Sliders, BBQ Chicken Sliders, or Reuben Sliders. They are easy to make, feed a crowd, and are perfect for game day or to have on hand for easy weeknight meals.
These Horseradish Roast Beef sliders will not disappoint. They are served warm with layers of cheese, horseradish mayo, pickled onions, and tender roast beef.
Before baking, the rolls are brushed with Everything bagel butter for even more flavor.
- Roast beef - Use thin-sliced deli meat to create loose piles for the best bite.
- Horseradish mayo - Mix your favorite mayo with prepared horseradish. Feel free to adjust the amount of horseradish to your personal taste. If you're not a fan of horseradish, try mixing roasted garlic with the mayo.
- Cheese - I love the combination of cheddar and provolone. Swiss, pepper jack, horseradish cheddar, and fontina are also great options.
- Pickled red onions add acidity which cuts through the richness of the sandwich. Thinly-sliced raw onions, pickled jalapeños, or pepperoncini can also be used.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Blend the horseradish and mayo together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange the bottoms of the slider rolls in a 9x13 casserole. Spread half of the mayo mixture on the rolls. (Image 1)
- Top with the cheddar cheese slices. (Image 2)
- Arrange the roast beef in loose piles evenly over the top of the cheese. (Image 3)
- Layer the pickled onions on top of the beef. (Image 4)
- Top with the provolone cheese. (Image 5)
- Spread the remaining mayo mixture on the inside of the tops of the slider rolls. Place the rolls on top of the sliders. (Image 6)
- Melt the butter and stir in the everything bagel seasoning. Brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls. (Image 7)
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted. (Image 8)
Serve these sliders warm with chips, pasta salad, coleslaw, or baked beans. For heartier appetites, serve with roasted potatoes, cheesy hashbrown casserole, or macaroni and cheese.
You can jazz up these sandwiches with flavored mayo (or aioli) such as horseradish, garlic, or chipotle varieties. Try your favorite mustard. Pepper jelly, fig jam, and Worcestershire sauce are also great options.
To prep ahead of time, assemble the sliders but stop before brushing the rolls with the butter mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1-2 days. When ready to bake, brush the rolls with butter, cover the dish with foil, and bake according to the recipe directions.
To reheat easily and quickly, wrap one or two sliders in a paper towel and microwave for 40-50 seconds until warmed through. The amount of time will vary depending on your own microwave.
9x13 baking dish | Measuring cups and spoons | Saucepan | Liquid measuring cup | Glass jars
Try these recipes next
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Horseradish Roast Beef Sliders
- ½ large red onion (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 slider rolls
- 1½ pounds thin-sliced deli roast beef
- 6-8 slices white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup pickled red onions (or raw thinly-sliced onions)
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon Everything bagel seasoning
- Cut the onion into thin slices. Add to a glass, heat-proof jar. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan placed over medium-low heat, combine the vinegar, water, and sugar. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Heat for 3-4 minutes. Pour the liquid over the onion slices. Let cool and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate for up to one week.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and horseradish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the bottom half of the slider rolls in the baking dish and spread them with half of the horseradish mayo.
- Top with the cheddar cheese followed by the roast beef, pickled onions, and Provolone cheese.
- Spread the remaining mayo mixture on the inside of the top of the slider rolls. Place the rolls on top of the sliders.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the Everything bagel seasoning. Brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- The pickled onions and horseradish mayo can be made ahead of time. Both will keep well for several days in the refrigerator.
- Use thinly sliced beef to create a tender, easy-to-eat sandwich.
- To prep ahead of time, assemble the sliders but stop before brushing the rolls with the butter mixture. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 1-2 days. When ready to bake, brush the rolls with butter, cover the dish with foil, and bake according to the recipe directions.
- To reheat easily and quickly, wrap one or two sliders in a paper towel and microwave for 40-50 seconds until warmed through. The amount of time will vary depending on your own microwave.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment