When the calendar turns to September, it officially marks the beginning of Fall as far as I’m concerned. Even though the meteorological calendar hasn’t welcomed Fall yet, the décor in my house says otherwise! I love this time of year for so many reasons…
- Vibrant shades of red, orange and yellow foliage – here in New England we see spectacular foliage
- Lazy weekend drives to take in all this beautiful foliage
- Cooler temperatures
- Pumpkins and Mums
- Fall-scented candles
- Comfort food that makes its way back onto the menu
- Football season – not so much as for the sport but for the food
- Spiced cider simmering on the stove
- The smell of warm spices – cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, star anise – Mmmmm
- Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spiced Latte – did I mention I had my first one of the season already!!
- Thanksgiving – my favorite holiday – more on this closer to November
While I’m looking forward to all that Fall brings, I’m mostly looking forward to sharing my favorite fall recipes with you.
Happy September! Happy Fall!