These Grilled Caprese Crostini are the perfect appetizer for any barbecue. Petite slices of bread are spread with basil pesto, topped with tomato and fresh mozzarella, and grilled to toast the bread and melt the cheese. I used a small loaf of garlic artisan bread, but a baguette would be perfect too.
These are quick and easy to prepare and would also make a delicious lunch.
Grilling lends a slight char to the bread which adds another layer of flavor.
Grilled Caprese Crostini
- 20 slices bread, such as a small artisan loaf or baguette
- basil pesto
- 1 tomato, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 10 slices fresh mozzarella, cut in half
- parmesan cheese
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread. Top with ½ slice of tomato and ½ slice of mozzarella. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Grill crostini over medium-low heat until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.