Frittata with Peppers and Potatoes – a “crustless” quiche, this frittata is filled with peppers and potatoes, Canadian bacon, and cheese. Frittatas are easy enough for weekdays and hearty enough for weekend breakfasts.
There are many reasons to love frittatas. They can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Additionally, they can be eaten hot or at room temperature. Frittatas are the perfect “clean out the fridge” meal. With a little bit of this and a little bit of that, the options are endless.
- roasted vegetables
- roasted potatoes
- sweet peppers or poblanos
- onions and leeks
- bacon or sausage
- Canadian bacon or ham
- cheese – pepper jack, cheddar, parmesan, feta, goat cheese, cream cheese
For this frittata, I used peppers and onions, roasted potatoes, Canadian bacon, and Monterey jack and parmesan cheeses.
Preparing the frittata
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil. Dice some onions and peppers and saute until onions are translucent.
Dice the potatoes and Canadian bacon and add to the skillet. Stir and heat through.
Prep the egg mixture. I used two egg whites leftover from another recipe and added two whole eggs. Whisk to combine. Add a splash of cream and some fresh cracked pepper. Then I decided to add a third whole egg and whisked again.
Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and sprinkle with cheese.
Transfer skillet to oven and bake 10 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle.
Remove from the oven and transfer the frittata to a cutting board. Slice into wedges and serve.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry.
Other similar recipes to try
- Mushroom and Brie Quiche
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Quiche
- Sausage, Apple, and Cheddar Quiche
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Deep Dish Quiche
- Green Eggs and Ham Quiche
Delicious frittata loaded with peppers, potatoes, and Canadian bacon. Perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- 1/3 cup green and red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3 slices Canadian bacon, diced
- 3-4 baby potatoes, roasted and chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 3 whole eggs
- splash of heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Preheat non-stick skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Saute onion and peppers in skillet until onion is translucent.
- Add in Canadian bacon and potatoes. Stir and heat through.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites, whole eggs, cream, and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with Monterey jack and parmesan cheeses.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 10 minutes until eggs are set and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a cutting board and slice into wedges.