Happy Monday! Grab a coffee and ease into the week with me with some of my favorite things from food to fashion.
1. Inspiring Words –
Congratulations to the USA women’s soccer team on winning the 2019 World Cup! With hard work and determination, you can do anything you put your mind too.
2. Food Obsessions –
- Grilled corn adds a twist to this summer favorite.
- These scones get a savory flair when mashed up with one of my favorite appetizers.
- The addition of brown butter elevates these cookies beyond delicious.
3. Kitchen Obsessions –
I like using a variety of salts when I’m in the kitchen. Here are my favorites that I use most often.
- Kosher salt – an all-purpose salt that dissolves quickly and is best used during the cooking process and in recipes. I use kosher salt for seasoning pasta water, meat and poultry, dressings, rubs, sauces, and baked goods.
- Smoked sea salt -a great finishing salt for a touch of smoky flavor.
- Fleur de sel – a finishing salt added just before serving. I like sprinkling this salt on cottage cheese, avocados, melons, and chocolate.
- Flaky sea salt – another finishing salt that is great when you want to see those flakes of salt. This salt is perfect for adding to the top of chocolate chip cookies (like these), brownies or caramels. This salt also adds great flavor to roasted vegetables or shrimp.
4. Fashion Obsessions –
5. A little bit of this n that –
- I’ve been enjoying this site lately – A Cup of Jo is a lifestyle blog.
- I recommend this book – lots of awesome inspiration!
- I’m in need of a new summer read. Any suggestions?
Have a great week! “May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short!”
More recent Favorite Things posts
This post may contain affiliate links.