Everything Bagel Seasoning – all the flavors we love about everything bagels in an easy homemade mix. It takes just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients.
Everything Bagel seasoning is one of the most popular items at Trader Joe’s – and for good reason. It’s a convenient way to add those favorite flavors to other dishes. If you love everything bagels as much as I do, you will be excited to see how EASY it is to make this seasoning at home – and with ingredients you likely have in your pantry.
- dried minced garlic
- dried minced onion
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- flaked or coarse sea salt
- black pepper – optional
Making this seasoning is as easy as combining these ingredients in a small bowl and storing in a glass jar. (Jars with shaker lids are perfect for spice mixes like rubs or cinnamon sugar.) I add black pepper to the mix because I like a little bit of heat, but you can omit if you prefer.
Ways to use
Avocado toast topped with everything bagel seasoning is one of my favorite easy breakfasts. But, there are so many delicious ways to use this bagel mix.
- sprinkle on cottage cheese or hard-boiled eggs
- add to roasted potatoes or vegetables
- sprinkle on scrambled eggs
- use as seasoning for popcorn
- make an Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- make Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
I usually make a double-batch so I always have this seasoning on hand. Whipping up this mix is so EASY and when you make your own, you can adjust the seasonings to your personal taste. If you love lots of garlic, add more garlic, for example. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry and use hashtag #mycasualpantry.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the bagel seasoning ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Store in a glass jar. This recipe yields approx. 1/4 cup.