Everything Bagel Seasoning combines all the flavors we love about everything bagels in an easy homemade mix. It takes just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients.
Everything Bagel seasoning is one of the most popular items at Trader Joe's - and for good reason. It's a convenient way to add those favorite flavors to other dishes.
If you love everything bagels as much as I do, you will be excited to see how EASY it is to make this seasoning at home - and with ingredients you likely have in your pantry.
- Sesame seeds - I love adding both black and white sesame seeds. Black sesame seeds can sometimes be hard to find. If so, you can omit them.
- Salt and black pepper - I love adding coarse (or flaky) sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper for even more flavor and texture.
How to make
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a glass jar for storage.
Jars with shaker lids are perfect for storing spice mixes like this.
How to use
This spice mix is a great way to add a punch of flavor to many different dishes. Just sprinkle on and enjoy!
- Avocado toast
- Cottage cheese or sliced tomatoes
- Hard-boiled or scrambled eggs
- Roasted potatoes or vegetables
I also love using this seasoning to add pizzazz to my favorite snacks.
- Make a double batch so you have this readily available whenever you want to add this to your favorite dishes.
- Adjust the seasonings to fit your personal tastes. You can increase the amount of garlic, salt or pepper, for instance, based on your own preferences.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the bagel seasoning ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Store in a glass jar. This recipe yields approx. ¼ cup.
- Yields ¼ cup.
- Adjust the seasoning amounts to fit your personal taste.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.