Everything Bagel Seasoning combines all the flavors we love about everything bagels in an easy homemade mix. It takes just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients.
Everything Bagel seasoning is one of the most popular items at Trader Joe's - and for good reason. It's a convenient way to add those favorite flavors to other dishes.
If you love everything bagels as much as I do, you will be excited to see how EASY it is to make this seasoning at home - and with ingredients you likely have in your pantry.
- Sesame seeds - I love adding both black and white sesame seeds. Black sesame seeds can sometimes be hard to find. If so, you can omit them.
- Salt and black pepper - I love adding coarse (or flaky) sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper for even more flavor and texture.
How to make
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to a glass jar for storage.
Jars with shaker lids are perfect for storing spice mixes like this.
How to use
This spice mix is a great way to add a punch of flavor to many different dishes. Just sprinkle on and enjoy!
- Avocado toast
- Cottage cheese or sliced tomatoes
- Hard-boiled or scrambled eggs
- Roasted potatoes or vegetables
I also love using this seasoning to add pizzazz to my favorite snacks.
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Everything Bagel Crackers with Whipped Scallion Cream Cheese
- Everything Bagel Snack Mix
- Make a double batch so you have this readily available whenever you want to add this to your favorite dishes.
- Adjust the seasonings to fit your personal tastes. You can increase the amount of garlic, salt or pepper, for instance, based on your own preferences.
Measuring spoons | Mixing bowl | Glass spice jars
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all of the bagel seasoning ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Store in a glass jar. This recipe yields approx. ¼ cup.
- Yields ¼ cup.
- Adjust the seasoning amounts to fit your personal taste.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
Leave a Comment