Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Blistered Tomatoes - a quick and easy dish that comes together with just three ingredients. Serve as a meat-free main dish or as a hearty side dish.
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that I have grown to love as an adult. I love it raw, roasted, pan-fried, or in soup. I also love cauliflower gnocchi. It's a frozen food staple that I love keeping on hand in my freezer... especially for dishes like this one. This recipe comes together in less than 15 minutes with just three ingredients. It's the perfect lunch on a cool fall day or a hearty side dish - perhaps alongside some roasted salmon.
Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Blistered Tomatoes
This dish comes together quickly with just three main ingredients.
- cauliflower gnocchi - this recipe uses a 12-ounce package of frozen cauliflower gnocchi. I keep my freezer stocked with several packages from Trader Joe's. Saute for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- cherry tomatoes - the tomatoes are pan-roasted until blistered and just starting to burst open. Any small, bite-sized tomato is perfect for this recipe.
- basil pesto - prepared pesto adds to the ease of this dish. Pesto is always a great way to add a punch of flavor. Stir the pesto in at the end to lightly coat the blistered tomatoes and browned gnocchi.
This recipe yields two servings. When I make this for my weekday lunch, I save the second portion for the next day. For a family of four, the recipe can easily be doubled.
With only three ingredients, each one needs to stand on its own. The gnocchi is tender and delicious. The blistered tomatoes pop with freshness, and the pesto adds hints of garlic, basil, and parmesan. With the ease and simplicity of this dish, Easy Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Blistered Tomatoes is certain to become a staple for your family. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More skillet recipes you may enjoy
- Skillet Sausage and Shells
- Mushroom Ravioli with Sage Butter
- Kielbasa with Gnocchi
- Orecchiette with Sausage and Kale
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
Easy Cauliflower Gnocchi with Pesto and Blistered Tomatoes
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower gnocchi
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 teaspoons prepared basil pesto
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a non-stick skillet preheated over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the gnocchi. Saute until browned on all sides, approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the gnocchi from the pan and add the tomatoes. Cook until blistered and just starting to burst open. Add the gnocchi back to the pan and stir in the pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.