Cornstarch cookies - a buttery cookie with a tender crumb that will melt in your mouth. With almond extract and tinted icing, these are a delicious holiday treat!
Cornstarch Cookies are the most melt-in-your-mouth cookie you have ever tasted! These delicate butter cookies are made with powdered sugar and cornstarch, both of which contribute to a fine, tender crumb. The almond flavoring and pink icing add that holiday vibe.
These are another favorite of mine from childhood. These cookies are on the smaller side, so I like to pop the whole cookie into my mouth and let it just melt. It may be more polite to make it a two-bite cookie, but these are too good to resist enjoying in one bite!
The dough comes together quickly and easily, so these are perfect cookies to bake for a cookie swap or to share with a neighbor. I hope you add these to your holiday baking line-up this year!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup margarine
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- heavy cream enough to achieve spreading consistency
- red or green food coloring if desired
- Preheat 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, margarine, sugar, and vanilla and almond extracts. Sift together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes until just set.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract. Add enough cream to make a spreading consistency. Add a few drops of red or green food coloring, if desired.
- Frost cookies while warm.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.