This side dish combines corn and crispy pancetta in a cream sauce. Quick, easy and so flavorful.
It’s early October, and I’m already thinking about my Thanksgiving menu. I also started my Christmas baking list, but that’s a conversation for another day…
Thanksgiving always features multiple side dishes. Sure, Thanksgiving is about the turkey, but it’s really about all of the delicious sides that fill the table. This dish is colorful and simply easy with only three ingredients. But simplicity doesn’t mean dull. This Corn and Pancetta side dish is loaded with big flavor and is delicious.
Corn with Pancetta is exactly what it sounds like…corn and crispy pancetta tossed in cream. Start by sauteing diced pancetta until crispy. Remove the pancetta and most of the rendered fat. Drain the pancetta on a paper towel-lined plate. Saute corn for several minutes in the remaining fat. Stir in cream and pancetta and simmer until the cream has thickened slightly, about three-four minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
I like using frozen corn for this recipe. I also buy pancetta that comes already diced, so there is absolutely no prep work for this dish. This is best made right before serving, but with no prep and a quick saute, this is probably the easiest last-minute dish there could be!
This recipe serves my family perfectly on a weeknight. But when I serve larger groups, this can easily be doubled or tripled as needed. This side dish is so tasty for any time of year. It isn’t just for Thanksgiving. With its ease of preparation, it is perfect for a weeknight meal too!
More side dish recipes to try
- Roasted Green Beans with Orange Butter and Crispy Pancetta
- Maple Ginger Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Butternut Squash and Pancetta
- Roasted Artichoke Hearts
- Creamy Corn Pasta with Bacon
Corn with Pancetta
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced
- 10 ounces corn, frozen
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy skillet, saute pancetta over medium heat until crispy. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, leaving about 1 teaspoon of rendered fat in the pan.
- To the pan, add the corn and saute for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cream and pancetta and simmer until the cream is slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Season with pepper to taste and serve.
Thanks for sharing!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below. You can also post a photo on Instagram and tag me @mycasualpantry using hashtag #mycasualpantry. I love to see what you are making!