With football season right around the corner, it’s time to think about those game day snacks. These Chorizo and Black Bean Nachos are perfect for snacking! Nachos are easy to pull together, making them ideal for quick replenishments during the game.
The Starting Line Up
Tortilla chips – any kind will do – use your favorite
Mexican Chorizo – a spicy ground sausage typically sold fresh and uncooked. Cook thoroughly, crumbling into pieces, before building the nachos.
Black beans – thoroughly rinse and drain.
Red onion – cut the red onion into a small dice.
Manchego cheese – a Spanish cheese that melts well with a taste similar to Monterey Jack. Shred the cheese before building the nachos. Monterey Jack is a good substitution if manchego isn’t available in your area. Pepper Jack is a good option as well.
Avocado cream – a blend of avocado, lime juice, and creme fraiche.
Fresh cilantro – adds a delicious fresh bite.
Building the Nachos
On a sheet pan, layer tortilla chips with chorizo, black beans, onion, and cheese. Repeat with a second layer.
Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with dollops of avocado cream and fresh cilantro.
These nachos have bold flavors and are delicious! Try these on your next game day snack table.
Chorizo and Black Bean Nachos
- 1/2 pound Mexican chorizo, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 6 ounces manchego cheese, shredded
- fresh cilantro for garnishing
- tortilla chips
- 1 avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 heaping tablespoon creme fraiche
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook chorizo thoroughly, breaking into pieces. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the black beans. Dice the red onion. Shred the manchego cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the avocado, lime juice, and creme fraiche. Stir until smooth.
- On a quarter sheet pan, spread with a layer of tortilla chips. Then, top with 1/2 the chorizo, black beans, onion, and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with dollops of avocado cream and cilantro.