Chocolate truffles are decadent morsels made from chocolate and cream, flavored with extracts or liquor and coated with sprinkles, nuts or cocoa powder.
I have a weakness for sweets, especially chocolate. I’m the one who nibbles on every chocolate in the box looking for the chocolate-covered chocolate piece, bypassing the caramels or the pieces with fruit centers. So, these chocolate truffles are perfect. They are intensely chocolatey and so easy to make.
Truffles are the perfect seasonal treat because they can be customized with different flavors and toppings, such as
- vanilla extract
- almond extract
- mint or peppermint extract
- Grand Marnier
- sprinkles that fit the season or holiday
- cocoa powder
- pecans or other nuts, finely chopped
- toasted coconut
- melted chocolate for coating the truffles
These truffles are so easy to make. All you need is chocolate and cream and whatever flavoring you prefer. Start by pouring hot cream over the chocolate, stirring until melted. Stir in extract or liquor. Chill the chocolate mixture until firm. Scoop into balls and coat with sprinkles, cocoa powder, or nuts.
Here are other chocolate treats you may enjoy:
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- sprinkles, for topping
- Add the chocolate chips to a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the cream until just simmering. Pour over the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in almond extract. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm and scoopable.
- Using a cookie scoop, form chocolate into balls. Coat with sprinkles. Enjoy!