Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are a twist on the classic. These cookies are loaded with dark chocolate and mint morsels. The chocolate - mint combination is perfect for the holidays.
Chocolate chip cookies are the perfect, go-to cookie for any occasion. For Christmas, these cookies are a twist on the classic with dark chocolate and mint morsels in place of the traditional semi-sweet chips. Minty, chocolatey, and delicious on any holiday cookie platter.
The dark chocolate and mint morsels are available around the holidays. They are typically available at local supermarkets or discount department stores. The minty flavor is perfect for the holidays. Serve these cookies with a mug of hot chocolate or leave them for Santa. Santa will love them and so will you. They are delicious!
For the cookie dough, start by creaming cold butter, cut into small cubes, with the white and brown sugar. Add in the whole egg, the egg yolk, and the vanilla extract. Mix in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Fold in the dark chocolate and mint morsels. I prefer thicker cookies, so I like to chill the dough in addition to using cold butter. The cookies could be baked immediately but may spread a little more if not chilled.
Using a cookie scoop, portion the cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten each ball of dough slightly. This helps the cookies bake more uniformly. Bake at 375 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges and slightly underdone in the middle. Let the cookies rest on the sheet pan for a couple of minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Once cool, store in an airtight container.
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies are a perfect addition to a holiday cookie platter or simply a treat for the chocolate chip cookie lover in your family!
Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (cold, cut into cubes)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 10 ounces dark chocolate and mint morsels
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cubed butter and sugars. Mix until creamed together. Add in whole egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Add in flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate and mint morsels.
- (For thicker cookies, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a cookie scoop, portion dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Gently flatten cookies for more uniform baking.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until lightly brown around the edges and slightly underdone in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.