Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti are a crisp, dunkable treat – the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee. These biscotti are loaded with chocolate chips and are flavored with a hint of almond.
My Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti will have you running to your next coffee break. Dipped in chocolate for added decadence, these biscotti are the perfect sweet treat to enjoy with a cup of coffee. For non-coffee drinkers, enjoy with a glass of milk.
Biscotti are essentially twice-baked cookies, so they are crisp rather than soft and chewy – ideal for dunking. This recipe can be used to make some always-loved chocolate chip cookies, but changing the way the dough is formed and baked results in a delicious and crisp dunker for your next coffee break.
The dough comes together similar to a cookie dough. Start by creaming the butter and sugar, adding in eggs and extracts. Next, stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, followed by the chocolate chips.
Instead of portioning the dough into balls for cookies, divide the dough into four portions and shape into logs. Chill, bake and cool the logs. Then, slice crosswise in pieces about one-inch wide. Place the pieces back on the baking sheet and bake again until firm and crisp. Once cool, dip in melted chocolate if desired.
Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy one of these chocolate chip almond biscotti today. If you try this recipe, please leave a comment or tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry along with a photo so I can see your creation!
Other recipes you may enjoy:
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies
- Cherry Chocolate Almond Scones
- Milk Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Ice Cream
Chocolate Chip Almond Biscotti
- 2 sticks butter, cold and cubed
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate or dark chocolate melting wafers
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream together until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until well combined. Add in flour, baking soda and powder, and salt. Mix until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into four equal portions and shape each into a log, approximately 2 inches x 6-8 inches. Place on two parchment-lined baking sheets. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-23 minutes until lightly golden brown and done in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool. Transfer each log to a cutting board and cut crosswise into pieces one-inch wide.
- Place slices, cut side down, back on the baking sheets and bake for 5-10 minutes until firm. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Melt chocolate and dip end of each biscotti in the chocolate. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to allow the chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container.