This chicken teriyaki is a one-pan 30-minute recipe the whole family will love. It's full of sweet and tangy flavor. Serve with rice for a fuss-free weeknight meal.
Chicken is ideal for quick meals. Throw in some veggies and a flavorful sauce, and you can get dinner on the table in a flash.
Why this recipe is a dinner winner!
- Chicken - Boneless skinless chicken breast is cut into small pieces for quick cooking.
- Bell peppers - You can add any color of bell pepper you wish. The more color, the better! If you prefer other vegetables, try onions, broccoli, or carrots.
- Teriyaki sauce - Using your favorite store-bought sauce adds ease to the preparation.
- Pineapple - Canned pineapple keeps the prep easy. Fresh is certainly fine, especially if you are carving out a pineapple bowl for serving.
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Cut the chicken and bell peppers into 1-inch pieces. Season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 7-10 minutes until brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. The chicken won't be fully cooked at this point - it will cook more in the sauce.
- Add the peppers to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Stir in the sauce, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen any bits of flavor. Add the chicken, peppers, and pineapple.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
I love serving this with Jasmine or Basmati rice. Brown rice is also delicious. For a fun presentation, serve in a hollowed-out pineapple.
To create a pineapple bowl, start by cutting the pineapple in half lengthwise from top to bottom. Scoop out the core and flesh to create a bowl. Save the pineapple flesh for snacking or add it to the chicken mixture.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowl
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or similar)
- salt and pepper
- 1½ cups teriyaki sauce
- 20 ounces canned pineapple chunks (drained)
- rice (for serving)
- Prep: cut the chicken and the bell peppers into 1-inch pieces. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 7-10 minutes until brown all over. Transfer the chicken to a plate. NOTE: The chicken won't be completely cooked at this point. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Add the bell peppers to the skillet and cook for 2-4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Stir in the sauce and scrap the bottom of the pan to release any flavor bits. Add the chicken and drained pineapple to the pan Stir to incorporate.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve with rice. Garnish with scallions if desired.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.