This deli-style Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich is layered with flavors that everyone loves. Build, slice, and serve for parties, game day spreads, or casual dinners.
Why you will love this
Skip the sandwich shop... you can make this Chicken Bacon Ranch sub at home. It's so easy to assemble and comes together quickly with staple ingredients.
If you love these big sub sandwiches, be sure to try this foot-long deli sandwich.
- Chicken - Deli-sliced chicken keeps preparation easy so you can whip up this sandwich any time.
- Cheese - Cheddar is my cheese of choice for this sandwich, but anything goes! Try Colby or Pepper Jack, American, or Swiss.
- Bacon - Use thick-cut for a meaty bite. Keep extra cooked bacon on hand in the refrigerator to use in sandwiches like this.
- Spreads - I love using a mayo-mustard combo, but feel free to try chipotle mayo or honey mustard.
- Veggies - Lettuce and pickles add crunch and freshness. Onions, tomato, avocado, and olives are also great options.
Please see the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts.
- Slice the bread in half lengthwise. Combine mayonnaise and mustard and spread evenly on the bread. (Image 1)
- Layer cheese on bottom half of bread. (Image 2)
- Layer chicken on top of cheese. (Image 3)
- Add the bacon on top of the chicken. (Image 4)
- Top the bacon with shredded lettuce. (Image 5)
- Drizzle with ranch dressing. (Image 6)
- Layer pickles on the top half of the bread. (Image 7)
- Replace the top half of the bread. Add picks or skewers to secure the sandwich. (Image 8)
This sandwich will keep for up to one day in the refrigerator. If making in advance, wait to add the pickle slices until serving for optimal results.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Sandwich
- 1 loaf Italian bread (whole, unsliced (1 pound))
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons deli-style mustard
- ¾ pound deli chicken (sliced thin)
- 6 slices deli cheddar cheese
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon (cooked)
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 6-8 pickles slices ("stackers")
- Slice bread in half, lengthwise. Combine the mayonnaise and mustard and spread evenly over both halves of the bread.
- On the bottom half of the bread, layer the cheese, chicken, and bacon. Top with iceberg and drizzle with the ranch dressing. Layer the pickles on the top half of the bread. Replace the top half on the sandwich.
- Use skewers to secure the layers together. Slice into individual portions. Serve with potato chips.
- The amounts of ingredients needed will depend on the size of the loaf of bread. For longer loaves of bread, you will use a greater amount of the ingredients. Shorter loaves will require less.
- Use thin-sliced meat from the deli counter. Lightly pile or drape the meat on the sandwich. This creates a nice bite and prevents the meat layer from being too dense.
- Build the sandwich just before serving. This helps to maintain the texture of all of the individual ingredients. If making the sandwich ahead of time, to take on a picnic perhaps, it's best to leave wet toppings like tomatoes or pickles on the side. Then, when ready to serve, layer these items on the sandwich.
- For a warm, toasted sandwich, build the sandwich with the spread, meats, and cheese. Wrap in foil and heat at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until warm throughout. Then, open the sandwich to add the fixings, slice, and serve.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.