Are you looking for an easy dinner after a long day? Do you need a quick lunch on a busy weekend? Or maybe you are looking for ways to use up leftover chicken breasts?
Then, this Chicken Arugula panini is the answer. Paninis are so satisfying – the warm, crispy bread, the gooey melted cheese – what’s not to love!
Start by preheating a grill pan over medium heat. A griddle or cast iron skillet works well also.
Spread chipotle mayo on two slices of bread. (I usually prefer rye or marble rye for this sandwich, but multigrain bread is what I had on hand, so that’s what I used in these photos.)
Layer one slice of bread with the sliced chicken breast. Top with red onion, arugula, and cheese. (I used American here.)
Top with the second slice of bread, mayo side down. Butter the top of the bread.
Place on the grill pan, butter side down. Then, butter the top slice of bread. Grill until toasty brown and flip. Continue grilling until the second side is toasty brown and cheese is melted.
Cut in half and enjoy!
Chicken Arugula Panini
- 2 slices rye bread (or any bread you choose)
- chipotle mayo
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2-3 slices red onion
- 2 slices pepperjack cheese (swiss or american is tasty too)
- handful of Arugula
- Spread chipotle mayo on 2 slices of bread.
- Top one slice with chicken breast.
- Layer red onion slices, arugula and cheese.
- Top with the other slice of bread, mayo side down.
- Butter the top of the bread.
- Place on griddle, butter side down.
- Butter top slice of bread.
- Grill on each side until golden brown and cheese is melted.