Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Blue Cheese Flatbread is sweet and tangy with a light crispy crust. This flatbread can be served as a main dish or as an appetizer.
We are a pizza-loving family. Homemade or take-out, even frozen sometimes - we love all varieties. From bacon and onion or barbecue chicken for my husband to Hawaiian or veggie for my daughter, we eat it all. But, I'm usually the one who likes to stray from these more traditional combinations. Enter this flatbread - caramelized onion, fig, and blue cheese.
Sweet and tangy flatbread
This flatbread starts with a pre-baked, ready-to-use crust. My favorite is Stonefire's thin pizza crust. (This is not sponsored, I just love their flatbread and naan bread.) These crusts are a delicious alternative to making dough from scratch. Perfect if you are short on time or simply want a little convenience.
This flatbread can serve 1-2 as a main dish. I love eating this alongside an arugula salad. This also makes a delicious appetizer - served warm or room temperature. Simply cut into small squares.
If you love blue cheese as much as I do, you will love this flatbread. Sweet and tangy with a crisp crust. Just scrumptious! If you try this recipe, please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More pizza recipes
- Corn, Bacon, and Pine Nut Pizza
- Sausage and Onion Pan Pizza
- Taco Pizza
- Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta Pizza
- Prosciutto, Leek and Gruyere Pizza
- Butternut Squash Flatbread with Bacon and Sage
Caramelized Onion, Fig, and Blue Cheese Flatbread
- 1 thin pizza crust or flatbread pre-baked, approx 9-inch
- ¼ cup fig preserves
- ½ - ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium onion sliced thin and caramelized
- 2 - 3 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the fig preserves on the pre-baked flatbread. Top with mozzarella cheese and the caramelized onions. Bake for 7-8 minutes until edges are lightly brown and crust is crispy.
- Add the crumbled blue cheese to the top and slice and serve.