Buffalo Cheese Dip - this meatless dip is super creamy and is loaded with cheese and spicy buffalo sauce. The perfect party (or game day) snack.
Meatless Buffalo Cheese Dip
I already know what you're thinking. You're wondering what happened to the chicken, right? I know buffalo and chicken go together like peanut butter and jelly, fish and chips, and mac and cheese. I love buffalo chicken as much as the next guy or gal, but when it comes to this dip, I just like the smooth and creamy consistency. It's that simple. Nothing against chicken. I just prefer this dip without it.
But, for those who want chicken with their buffalo, serve this dip with chicken nuggets as dippers alongside the carrot sticks and chips. Absolutely delicious and everyone wins! Just call it a touchdown on game day! (Sorry for the football analogy!)
Buffalo Cheese Dip Ingredients
There are only five ingredients in this dip, and they are likely things you already have in your fridge.
- cream cheese - provides ultimate creaminess especially in dips that are baked like this one.
- Monterey jack cheese - another wonderful melting cheese. Pepper jack is also delicious and contributes extra spicy flavor.
- buffalo wing sauce - use your favorite bottled variety; regular or hot, whatever spice level you can handle.
- blue cheese dressing - store-bought dressing works great here - smooth or chunky - both are fine.
- scallions - added to the dip for flavor and color and also used as a garnish.
This dip comes together very easily. Mix all of the ingredients together, spoon into a baking dish, and bake until hot throughout and bubbly around the edges. I like to use my stand mixer to help combine the cream cheese and the other ingredients evenly, but that isn't required. Mixing by hand works just fine too!
What to Serve with Buffalo Cheese Dip
Dips are fun to make because you can get creative with all of the dippers - there are so many options. These are my favorites to serve with this dip, but you can add or substitute whatever you like.
- corn chips
- tortilla chips
- carrots and celery
- chicken nuggets - for the die-hard buffalo chicken lover!
With the Super Bowl just around the corner, this dip will get you a touchdown - guaranteed! But this dip isn't just for game day. Serve this at parties, movie nights, or on lazy weekend afternoons. If you try this recipe, please leave me a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More dip recipes to try
- Roasted Garlic and Chive Dip
- Chips and Dip Snack Board
- Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
- Hot Corn Dip
- Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Favorite Taco Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
Buffalo Cheese Dip
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- 6 scallions chopped plus extra for garnish
- blue cheese crumbles, optional for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (this dip can be mixed together by hand as well), combine the cream cheese, wing sauce, and blue cheese dressing. Mix to fully combine. Stir in the shredded cheese and scallions.
- Transfer to an 8x8 (or similar) baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or so until bubbly around the edges and warm throughout.
- Garnish with scallions and blue cheese crumbles, if desired. Serve with a variety of fresh vegetables and chips or crackers.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.