Buffalo Cheese Dip is a wonderfully creamy, cheesy, and slightly spicy snack. Grab your favorite dippers and dig in. This dip is a touchdown!
Buffalo dip without chicken
A party isn't a party without a scrumptious dip, and this buffalo cheese dip fits the bill perfectly. It's loaded with plenty of cheese and creamy deliciousness and just the right amount of heat.
This recipe was recently updated and improved for ultra creaminess. For a buffalo chicken vibe, feel free to stir in some rotisserie chicken or use chicken nuggets as dippers.
Just five ingredients are all you need to whip up this party favorite.
- Cream cheese and sour cream are used in tandem to provide the ultimate creamy consistency.
- Monterey Jack cheese is a wonderful melting cheese. For extra spicy flavor, use Pepper Jack instead.
- Buffalo wing sauce - Choose your favorite bottled variety; regular or hot, whatever spice level you can handle.
- Blue cheese dressing - Store-bought dressing works great here. Use your favorite variety - smooth or chunky - both are fine.
Tips and tricks
See the recipe card for complete instructions and ingredient amounts
A hand-mixer works well for this. You can also use a stand mixer or mix by hand.
- Blend the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Add the blue cheese dressing and wing sauce. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges.
What to serve with this dip
Dips are fun to make because you can get creative with all of the dippers - there are so many options. These are my favorites to serve with this dip, but you can add or substitute whatever you like.
- Corn chips
- Tortilla chips
- Crackers or crostini
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Chicken nuggets
- Waffle fries
This dip is sure to be a crowd-favorite at parties, game-day, movie nights, or just because on a lazy weekend afternoon.
Subscribe to My Casual Pantry to get the latest recipes and ideas sent directly to your inbox.
Buffalo Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature (Note 1)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing
- scallions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, blend the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Blend in the wing sauce and blue cheese dressing. Fold in the cheese.
- Transfer to an 8x8 (or similar) baking dish, and bake for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Soft cream cheese blends more easily with the other ingredients.
- Make ahead. Mix together the ingredients and transfer to a baking dish. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then, bake and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.
This post was originally published in January 2020 and has been updated.