Bacon-Wrapped Balsamic Brussels Sprouts are a sweet and salty bite-sized snack. Serve as an appetizer but equally delicious as a side dish.
I haven't always loved Brussels sprouts. In fact, I despised them as a kid. But in recent years, I have discovered how delicious they can be when roasted and caramelized, sauteed, or shaved raw into a salad. Add some balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and bacon and these little cabbages transform into a tasty sweet and salty appetizer.
These bite-sized nibbles are easy to pull together and bake up in 15-20 minutes. Only a few ingredients are needed - Brussels sprouts, bacon, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar.
Tips for preparing
- Slice the larger Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise and leave the small ones whole. This will help them bake evenly.
- Dip the Brussels sprouts in balsamic vinegar, then roll in brown sugar. The vinegar adds flavor but also helps the sugar to stick.
- Use thick-cut bacon for a meatier bite. I like the Brussels to bacon ratio that thick-cut bacon provides.
- Cutting the bacon slices into thirds yields the right amount.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy and the sprouts are tender.
- Brush with extra balsamic vinegar for an added punch of flavor.
- Garnish with Parmesan shavings. Blue cheese crumbles would be delicious too!
Bacon-wrapped balsamic Brussels sprouts are perfect for those who love the sweet and salty combination. Great as an appetizer, these little nuggets are also a delicious way to change up side dishes. If you love Brussels sprouts, you will love these bite-sized nibbles. If you don't, I trust these bacon-wrapped gems will convert you!
Please leave a comment below and tag me on Instagram @mycasualpantry so I can see your creation.
More appetizer recipes you may enjoy
- Ultimate Hot Pizza Dip
- Southern Style Deviled Eggs
- Bacon and Blue Loaded Cheese Fries
- Roasted Mini Sweet Peppers with Goat Cheese
- Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Spicy Sausage Cheese Balls with Horseradish Cream
Bacon-Wrapped Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound bacon thick cut, slices cut into thirds
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar + extra for brushing
- Parmesan shavings (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Add the balsamic vinegar to a small bowl and the brown sugar to another. Set aside.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, cutting the medium and large ones in half lengthwise. Leave the small ones whole. Dip the Brussels sprouts in the vinegar and then roll in the brown sugar. Then wrap each Brussels sprout with a piece of bacon. Arrange on a rack set over a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp. Brush the sprouts with extra balsamic vinegar. Garnish with shaved parmesan. Serve.