Bacon and Blue Loaded Cheese Fries - crispy baked french fries are loaded with cheese sauce, bacon, blue cheese crumbles, and scallions.
The next time you are craving french fries, put down the ketchup and try this loaded version. Topped with cheese sauce, bacon, blue cheese, and scallions, these french fries are loaded with flavor. Loaded cheese fries are total comfort food. The perfect game day snack. The ultimate appetizer. An over-the-top side when served with a burger.
Preparation and Ingredients
Store-bought frozen french fries are the best for this recipe. Readily available in the freezer section of your local supermarket, frozen fries bake up quickly without the mess of frying. I used crinkle cut because the grooves catch the cheese sauce. But feel free to substitute your favorite cut - wedge, steak, waffle, shoestring.
These fries have a melted cheese sauce made from processed cheese, like Velveeta. Crispy bacon, crumbled blue cheese, and sliced scallions round out the toppings.
Other possible toppings for customizing your cheese fries include:
- diced red onion
- pickled jalapenos
- crumbled chorizo
- sour cream
- ranch dressing
Bacon and blue loaded fries can be a meal by themselves. Great for game day snacking or weekend appetizing, these fries will please the snacker in your family!
Other game-day snacks
- Bacon Horseradish Dip
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Favorite Taco Dip
- Poblano and Roasted Corn Salsa
- Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Roasted Garlic and Chive Dip
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
Bacon and Blue Loaded Cheese Fries
- 16 ounces french fries, frozen crinkle cut ((half of a 32-oz bag))
- 6 ounces processed cheese (like Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 2 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
- 2 scallions (chopped)
- salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread the french fries on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan set over medium-low heat, combine the processed cheese and the cream or milk. Stir until cheese is melted.
- To serve, add the french fries to a basket or platter. Drizzle the cheese sauce over the top. Top with the crumbled bacon and blue cheese and the chopped scallions.
Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary depending upon the exact amounts and specific ingredients used.